Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a horrible time with HR, recruiter was extremely difficult to get in touch. Interview was relatively easy, and my interview was very helpful in solving the problem. Nothing exceedingly difficult. Went in to the office, but had no technical interview. Mostly spoke with the head of the office for a couple hours, casually.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by phone. After initial phone screening having standard riddles and algo questions, I was invited to an on-site interview. There were many interviewers asking a lot of questions and didn't let you finish, constantly switching from one question to the other. Took about 7 hours. Overall it doesn't seem as a good place to work at.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview

the first time they contacted me was tghrough e-mail and they set up an online test .i could cxhoose a language of my own choice c c++ java or c#. as i feel pretty comfortab;le with pointers i chose c.
    there was a1 hour test with 3 minutes for each multiple question.easy test. ia m pretty sure i did well on the test.but received another email the same evening saying they cant pursue my candidacy for that position

Interview Questions

• a question about using pointers to refer an array element like *(arr+4) etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. I had two phone interviews with relatively easy C++ questions. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. After the second phone interview, I was invited to NYC for a day of in person interviews. I had 4-5 interviews, two of them were 1:1 the others were with at least two people and finally had an interview the Human Resources person. Interview was mostly basic C++ and math.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement the sin function on a 8-bit chip?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2008.

Interview

Got a phone interview. Waited for the hiring manager to come back from a business trip. Brought in on Friday and met five people. Got offer next Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was invitation to take online reasoning test. After passing that, the recruiter set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with several engineers on a conference call. The questions started out with background then moved to technical. They finished the 45 minute call with several difficult brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview lasted 45 minutes instead of 1 hour as the interviewer was unable to reach me.
    Interviewer rushed through questions asking non technical then technical questions.
    some unix questions asked
    how do you know how many cpu's your machine is running and how do you differentiate between virtual Vs physical cores?
    how do you find out how much VM is in use?
    is there another way to find out how much disk space is used besides du?

Interview Questions

• How do you find out how many cpu's your linux machine is using and are they physical or virtual?   Answer Question
    • is there another way to find disk usage besides du?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I was asked about the C++ programming techniques and object oriented programming. The questions
    are ranging from easy to tricky ones.

Interview Questions

• Difference between constructor assigment and copy constructor   1 Answer
    • When using hash table and when using map   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

Interview

We went through all kinds of data structures, i.e., linkedlist, array, binary tree, binary search tree, hash tables... In particular, he asked me whether there is a place that binary search tree could beat hash tables. And then I was asked a lot of detailed questions on various aspects of C/C++. In the end, I was thrown a prime number algorithm question, which I didn't figure out.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview

30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.