Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview

the first time they contacted me was tghrough e-mail and they set up an online test .i could cxhoose a language of my own choice c c++ java or c#. as i feel pretty comfortab;le with pointers i chose c.
there was a1 hour test with 3 minutes for each multiple question.easy test. ia m pretty sure i did well on the test.but received another email the same evening saying they cant pursue my candidacy for that position

Interview Questions

• a question about using pointers to refer an array element like *(arr+4) etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by phone. After initial phone screening having standard riddles and algo questions, I was invited to an on-site interview. There were many interviewers asking a lot of questions and didn't let you finish, constantly switching from one question to the other. Took about 7 hours. Overall it doesn't seem as a good place to work at.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview

30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

Interview

We went through all kinds of data structures, i.e., linkedlist, array, binary tree, binary search tree, hash tables... In particular, he asked me whether there is a place that binary search tree could beat hash tables. And then I was asked a lot of detailed questions on various aspects of C/C++. In the end, I was thrown a prime number algorithm question, which I didn't figure out.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2008.

Interview

Got a phone interview. Waited for the hiring manager to come back from a business trip. Brought in on Friday and met five people. Got offer next Monday.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2007.

Interview

Questions on C pointers, data structures, algorithms, Java, university final year project, a few maths puzzles. Was made to feel quite uncomfortable, I guess to handle how I coped with pressure. Felt a little unfair as I feel it was an unrealistic sort of pressure compared with what you would get on the job, i.e., less personal.