Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

A 30-minutes interview with a staffing company. Interviewer was very nice and told me in advance to research Bloomberg as it is the topic on the table. Asked my experience relating to the job and offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed through staffing firm, very easy focused primarily on resume and selling me on working at Bloomberg. Focus was on the experience asset to resume rather than the pay. Very up front about monotonous nature of daily work. Essentially offered the job in the room. interviewer was very clear about the job expectations

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

first interview was over the phone and pretty standard. They wanted to know if I had ever worked with the Bloomberg terminal and how much I knew about the many different sectors of Bloomberg. The interviewer seemed very disappointed when I mentioned I didn't have any experience with the terminal. If you're going to apply it would be good to familiarize yourself with all of its functions. If you have a Bloomberg certification that would be even better. Other than that it was a pretty standard behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and HR got back to me within a few weeks. Entire interview process took about a month. One screening on the phone and came into both NYC offices a total of 3 times with multiple interviewers each time. Met with members of my team along with high level management. Interviews were were more conversational and getting to know you and how you would respond in different situations along with your knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations? Do you tend to work better in small groups or big groups and why? Why are you here? How do you handle adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very straightforward. There were no case questions, only behavioral and background questions. Lots of questions about your passions as well as why Bloomberg. After a phone screen, I was flown to the office for a three-person interview. Pretty much all of them were managers from different areas (not recruiters) and they were nice, though they didn't see to care much about the recruiting process and just wanted the day to be over.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - Interviewed at Bloomberg in June 2014.

This is the round in Bloomberg US Interview:
    -Technical Interview
    -Management Interview
    -Senior Management Interview
    -Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there are good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at PWC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was exactly what you'd expect. The people were very nice but they asked all the typical questions. You spend the afternoon there. They tell you about the company, show you around, and demonstrate some basic understanding of the terminal. You interview with 2 different people. They ask you some questions about yourself and others to identify what kind of rep you would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Who are Bloomberg's biggest competitors?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a time when you took initiative for a project?
      2) Describe a time when you went above and beyond your duty?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was not invested in the interview process at all and asked me a total of 3 extremely vague questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have to offer?   2 Answers
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview New York, NY -What do you know about Bloomberg? -Why Bloomberg?
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview New York, NY Explain your resume
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Describe a time you had to work as a team
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview New York, NY How do you handle high stress situations? Do you tend to work better in small groups or big groups and why? Why are you here? How do you handle adversity?
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Princeton, NJ Explain your resume
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview New York, NY How would you sell 20 Bloomberg Terminals?
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview New York, NY Why do you want to work here? Who are Bloomberg's biggest competitors?
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview 1) Describe a time when you took initiative for a project? 2) Describe a time when you went above and beyond your duty?
Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Skillman, NJ What qualifications do you have to offer?