Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online after about two weeks got an email asking to schedule an interview. The phone interview was about 30 mins and there were a lot of questions to answer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

A 30-minutes interview with a staffing company. Interviewer was very nice and told me in advance to research Bloomberg as it is the topic on the table. Asked my experience relating to the job and offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed through staffing firm, very easy focused primarily on resume and selling me on working at Bloomberg. Focus was on the experience asset to resume rather than the pay. Very up front about monotonous nature of daily work. Essentially offered the job in the room. interviewer was very clear about the job expectations

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

first interview was over the phone and pretty standard. They wanted to know if I had ever worked with the Bloomberg terminal and how much I knew about the many different sectors of Bloomberg. The interviewer seemed very disappointed when I mentioned I didn't have any experience with the terminal. If you're going to apply it would be good to familiarize yourself with all of its functions. If you have a Bloomberg certification that would be even better. Other than that it was a pretty standard behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and HR got back to me within a few weeks. Entire interview process took about a month. One screening on the phone and came into both NYC offices a total of 3 times with multiple interviewers each time. Met with members of my team along with high level management. Interviews were were more conversational and getting to know you and how you would respond in different situations along with your knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations? Do you tend to work better in small groups or big groups and why? Why are you here? How do you handle adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very straightforward. There were no case questions, only behavioral and background questions. Lots of questions about your passions as well as why Bloomberg. After a phone screen, I was flown to the office for a three-person interview. Pretty much all of them were managers from different areas (not recruiters) and they were nice, though they didn't see to care much about the recruiting process and just wanted the day to be over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was exactly what you'd expect. The people were very nice but they asked all the typical questions. You spend the afternoon there. They tell you about the company, show you around, and demonstrate some basic understanding of the terminal. You interview with 2 different people. They ask you some questions about yourself and others to identify what kind of rep you would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Who are Bloomberg's biggest competitors?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online first, after weeks of waiting, receiving an notice of telephone interview. The telephone interview is not too difficult, but make sure you are confident when answering the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between interest rate and inflation rate.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited to telephone interview twice for the position in London. On the first turn I was not called at defined date and time and had to e mail them informing that I am still waiting for call and not sure what to do next. I received a response with apology and was assigned another date for the interview. I was called 15 minutes earlier before second conversation and was told that the interview is cancelled and I will receive further instructions later by e mail. I was finally called on the third turn and had an descent interview. After two hours from the interview I received the reject with no particular feed back. I continued to apply for jobs at Bloomberg and received another chance for the telephone interview. At this time the conversation happened from the first turn and was a well conducted interview. At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any further questions. I asked the interviewer for particular feedback if I am not successful because I need to know on which aspect to work for improvement. She has promised me that she will give me a detailed feedback on the interview if I am not successful. I received the reject after one and half week with no explanation. have no desire to work in the company afterwards.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the market share of main competitor Thomson Reuters   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?