Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was long (around a month) but HR was very efficient and everything went smoothly. Recruiters were really helpful and friendly throughout the whole process. They paid attentions to great details of your personal experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Online interview record your answers. Make sure you have good connection because I didn't and it messed up my interview. Two of the four questions were spotty and one was inaudible. Never got a chance to fix it despite contacting Bloomberg. Ruined my opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through Accounting Principals in Princeton. They will look at your resume and will call you if they like it. Later you are asked to take a Financial Analyst exam if you speak a different language.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to take a Financial Analyst exam if you speak a different language. For this you have to know basic financial accounting concepts and accounting rules (in your language) as the entire exam is written in the language that you are proficient. Expect about 60 multiple choice questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online after about two weeks got an email asking to schedule an interview. The phone interview was about 30 mins and there were a lot of questions to answer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

A 30-minutes interview with a staffing company. Interviewer was very nice and told me in advance to research Bloomberg as it is the topic on the table. Asked my experience relating to the job and offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed through staffing firm, very easy focused primarily on resume and selling me on working at Bloomberg. Focus was on the experience asset to resume rather than the pay. Very up front about monotonous nature of daily work. Essentially offered the job in the room. interviewer was very clear about the job expectations

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

first interview was over the phone and pretty standard. They wanted to know if I had ever worked with the Bloomberg terminal and how much I knew about the many different sectors of Bloomberg. The interviewer seemed very disappointed when I mentioned I didn't have any experience with the terminal. If you're going to apply it would be good to familiarize yourself with all of its functions. If you have a Bloomberg certification that would be even better. Other than that it was a pretty standard behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and HR got back to me within a few weeks. Entire interview process took about a month. One screening on the phone and came into both NYC offices a total of 3 times with multiple interviewers each time. Met with members of my team along with high level management. Interviews were were more conversational and getting to know you and how you would respond in different situations along with your knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations? Do you tend to work better in small groups or big groups and why? Why are you here? How do you handle adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very straightforward. There were no case questions, only behavioral and background questions. Lots of questions about your passions as well as why Bloomberg. After a phone screen, I was flown to the office for a three-person interview. Pretty much all of them were managers from different areas (not recruiters) and they were nice, though they didn't see to care much about the recruiting process and just wanted the day to be over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was exactly what you'd expect. The people were very nice but they asked all the typical questions. You spend the afternoon there. They tell you about the company, show you around, and demonstrate some basic understanding of the terminal. You interview with 2 different people. They ask you some questions about yourself and others to identify what kind of rep you would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Who are Bloomberg's biggest competitors?   Answer Question