Bloomberg L.P. Financial Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I have left my resume with one of the developers who came to Campus to give a presentation. The HR called me after a week inviting me to my first interview when they are visiting our Campus again.
1st Round: Brain Teasers & Background Check - Was called in for the second round the very next day.
2nd Round: More Brain Teasers and a few Coding related Qs. It went fine and was called in for an in-house interview a week later.
3rd Round: On-site. Was Simple but the interviewer was intimidating and didn't like me for some reason right from the interview started as he was 15 min late to the interview and didn't even answer my questions in the end properly. Obviously, I ended up having a weird feeling at the end of the interview as I didn't know how it went even though I could answer a decent chunk of questions.
Got a rejection mail after a week.
Advice: Prepare well as most of the Qs asked are standard ones but it just boils down to who you are interviewing with in the end.

Interview Questions

• 25 horse Problem.   Answer Question
  • Find the square root of a number without using the standard library function.   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Took an interview for 35 minutes. First 10-15 minutes were about my previous internship and duties performed there. Then given a code to write. It was a simple code wherein you need to strip off some unwanted/stray characters from a string. Did that. Then was asked just 1 question which was difference between malloc() and new(). I could just remember 1 difference. 2 days later got a reject.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, receive online skill assessment test, waiting for phone-interview.

Interview Questions

• A clock is going slow at a rate of 9 minutes per hour, and it's showing the right time now, it's Monday noon, what's the next time the clock show the right time?   1 Answer
    • A lot of figure rotation, ask you which one is missing in the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews with Bloomberg. The first was an on campus interview consisting of general questions about my programming projects, basic data structures problems, and a brain teaser. The second interview was on site and consisted of two interviews. One was behavioral and the next was entirely about algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions

• The question about dropping two eggs from a 100 story building. I forgot the question exactly, but I remember seeing it on Glassdoor before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed via Phone Interview. Failed on a couple of questions, the interviewer is really nice though.

Interview Questions

• If a 3x3 white cube is painted blue on its face and then cut into 1x1 cube, what are the chances of picking a cube with a blue side from a bag   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Sumbit my resume to on campus recruiter. Got email a week later with link to apply online. was asked to take a 30 question online iq test. i passed so then i received a phone interview going over some programming questions. i thought i bombed that but then i got invited onsite for an interview with two of the engineers. they asked me more technical questions and brain teasers which i all got right, but then i got an email saying i didnt get it.

Interview Questions

• when will be the next three palindrome dates?   1 Answer
    • write out in a programming language of your desire how to sort two different ascending arrays of numbers into a single ascending array   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It took 45 minutes. First, discuss my background, experience, my interest and why I choose Bloomberg. Then, 3 IQ/Intelligence questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

First was an online IQ type test followed by a phone interview. The "IQ test" consisted of word problems, image manipulation questions, word searches and other questions. Have a pen and paper ready because you will probably want it.

Interview Questions

• Identify how many times a single word appears in a word search.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the financial application engineer position since I am not from CS, and got the email to do an IQ test, but was rejected, because I did not finish the test actually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

After passing the resume screen, I was contacted by a Bloomberg rep about taking an IQ test. The test took me about 0.5-1 hrs and comprised of logic, math, and teaser questions. After passing the test, I was contacted again about scheduling a phone interview. I sent in my available times and received an email about a week later confirming a time slot. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was technical. I got a programming question and two logic brainteasers. The interviewer was very nice and generally helped me work through the problems, but I even so, I couldn't answer one of the questions. I think this is why I didn't make it past this round (he was dropping REALLY big hints, can't believe I didn't get it).

Interview Questions

• My clock is 9 minutes slow every hour. At noon, it tells the correct time. After how many hours will it again tell the correct time?   3 Answers