Bloomberg L.P. Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was 20 minutes long and pretty straightforward. The interviewer asked me about myself and we briefly went over my resume--standard stuff. The last part of the phone interview consisted of me asking questions and the interviewers telling me more about bloomberg. The second round was on campus and was a fit interview also standard stuff. It was a 2 to 1 interview. Since this position leads to product sales after spending a year in analytics, the interviewer asked me about sales experiences I had. Make sure you understand that analytics for bloomberg is not data crunching, but customer support where you are assisting customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. One basic HR phone interview (why bloomberg, why sales, resume, what's a market event you've followed). Second round in NYC HQ with two more individual interviews, one with a sales focus and one with an analytics focus. Not too technical outside of current events, market participants, and how Bloomberg specifically plays a role. Final round is behavioral with a role play and a few other questions.

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Got a phone interview, it lasted for 10 minutes. The guy that was interviewing was boring and had monotonous answers all the time. He asked the same questions that are posted here. He seemed not to be from HR but a manager that had to do this even though he did not like it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

First it was a phone interview which is fairly basic last around 10 minutes. After you get that they fly you up to NYC and then you meet with two managers at the same time. They ask you what do you know about the position/company/yourself. Why sales, why this position, talk about something going on in the market. It was fairly easy. Just prepare well and study the description. Also ask in depth questions. They also ask you to sell them something which is tricky because I have more financial service experience then sales. They key to this question is to literally sell them a product by asking the interviewers all questions. For example, if you are selling a phone ask them, "How do you usually communicate with individuals that are long distance? Would you enjoy a product that can allow you to do that more efficiently? blah blah blah. I didn't do that therefore I believe that was my downfall. Then they sent me home after that which apparently means you aren't getting an offer. I believe there was another interview during that day. Also not really sure what they are even looking for in a candidate. Seemed to be more specific.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying on their website, I received an e-mail a couple weeks later with different time slots I could choose for the first interview. The phone interview was pretty easy. They were mostly questions regarding my interview or current events. They also wanted to see that you knew about the company and the position that you are applying for, so questions were also guided to see how great of a salesperson you were.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a company that was getting rid of Bloomberg Terminal to keep the product? Describe a current event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting for a 15 to 20 minute phone interview. I heard back a day later asking me to attend a super day in which I participated in two one-on-one interviews and got a tour of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words, examples of good and bad customer service, tell me something that's not on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then a In-house interview day. I was flown from my university in order to be able to interview; once there, I had to sleep at a nearby hotel and be at the HQs by 8:00am.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Maybe only 10 minutes long, super casual. Gave me a 1 hour time frame they would call and called within that time frame. Very friendly on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose finance as your major?
      Why did you choose to go to the University of Iowa?
      What is a current event in the financial markets you are following and how is it affecting the economy?
      What do you think this internship does?
      What is bloomberg?   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 5 days after applying. Other basic questions about your background and experience in sales. Why do you want to work in sales? What do you know about the function of this position? etc. Email a couple days later saying that the company would not be moving forward with me in the process but to continue to apply to their jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I attended the Super Day for this internship, and was very impressed with the efficiency and enjoyment of my entire experience applying to Bloomberg. After about two weeks after submitting my application, I heard back from the HR team to submit a video screen. Then a week later I had my phone interview, and a week after that I had my Super Day. The Bloomberg office in New York is truly incredible, and my interviewers were friendly and encouraging. Although I didn't get this position, I am still highly considering Bloomberg for future career prospects.