Bloomberg L.P. Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2018

3.1

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall not a bad process. Started with sending your resume, then a video screening which asked very basic questions. They then ask to do a phone interview where you talk to one of the recruiters, basically answering the same questions that they asked in the video screening, such as what is happening in the markets and why bloomberg.

The final round is a superday at the NYC office. It is relatively not stressful, you start with a group assignment using the terminal and present it to recruiters, then you have two individual interviews with one employee from Analytics team and the other from Sales. Analytics was very basic, just trying to get to know you and your ambitions. Sales on the other hand was a tad bit more stressful. The each sales employee looked miserable to be there and didn't seem interested in what you had to say. They ask you to sell them something, but make it 10x harder when they don't give you anything physical to sell. You have to be creative, but even then its hard to sell something that isn't right in front of you with specific features to point out.

Overall, wasn't a bad process, just wish they were more clear with what they expected from the interviewee than just why they wanted bloomberg.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?   1 Answer
  • What is a story in the world you are following?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Products Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter directly. We had a preliminary phone call before I applied to the positions at all. He was very nice and gave me a very in detail run down of the what the job would entail. He also was very responsive to every question I had throughout the recruiting process. I applied a couple of weeks after talking to him. Then made it to the first round of interviews, which included a video response. More on the video response to come.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a career in sales?   1 Answer

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Interview

I applied online with my resume and heard from them within a couple of days. We set up a phone interview date and had a phone interview. It took about 30 minutes. She asked me questions regarding my resume, if I knew the job position well enough, and why I want to work for that job position. She told me at the end of the interview that I need to set up a date for my next interview and told me to e-mail an HR person.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what financial product analytics and sales people do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through their website with my resume, and I was contacted a couple days later to set up for my phone interview. The phone interview was nothing difficult, you just have to know yourself because the interviewer asks a lot about what you did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round was an online video interview and the second round was a 20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Fairly easy questions. The most technical question was "tell me a story that you are following in the markets."

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, what are current events, give an example of excellent customer service, describe your understanding of financial product analytics and sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I attended the Super Day for this internship, and was very impressed with the efficiency and enjoyment of my entire experience applying to Bloomberg. After about two weeks after submitting my application, I heard back from the HR team to submit a video screen. Then a week later I had my phone interview, and a week after that I had my Super Day. The Bloomberg office in New York is truly incredible, and my interviewers were friendly and encouraging. Although I didn't get this position, I am still highly considering Bloomberg for future career prospects.

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly ask your understanding of what Bloomberg does etc. Interviews also focus a lot on your background and how you fit into the role. Know the difference between the Analytics desk and Sales Desk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had one online video interview that went well. They asked a question then I had 90 seconds to think of a 60 second answer. Asked 5 questions about the current market, my experience in sales, my past internships, and about the terminal.

Interview Questions

• Asked 5 questions about the current market, sales, prior experiences, and the terminal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Starts with a phone call that is very rudimentary and basic. It lasted about 10-15 minutes and they ask you simple behavioral questions. Told me during the phone call that I will be invited to the Super Day at their office. Did the Super Day the next week in San Francisco. Got an office tour, did a a couple mock scenarios with the Bloomberg Terminal product, then did two back to back 30 minute interviews with an Analytics manager and a Sales manager. These were more intensive. Now waiting to hear back for a third round interview that is with a high up manager in the Analytics Department.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service so important?
      Tell me about what's going on in the news today?
      Stock vs. Bonds
      What are mortgage-backed securities and how did that lead to the financial crisis?
      Sell something to me in a 5 minute role play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through website, a recruiter contacted me and set up a 30-minute phone interview. The interview went smooth and she told me I would move to the second round by the end of the phone call. After a week, another recruiter contacted me to set up a video conference with two team leaders. One from sales team and one from analytics, they were on time and asked basic questions, i.e. why Bloomberg, how can you sell the terminal, etc. But I don't think I did well in the conference since I really can't sell a terminal without being trained to know all the aspect of it.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Let's role play, I'm using a competitor's terminal, talk to me and let me change my mind.   Answer Question