Bloomberg L.P. Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I attended the Super Day for this internship, and was very impressed with the efficiency and enjoyment of my entire experience applying to Bloomberg. After about two weeks after submitting my application, I heard back from the HR team to submit a video screen. Then a week later I had my phone interview, and a week after that I had my Super Day. The Bloomberg office in New York is truly incredible, and my interviewers were friendly and encouraging. Although I didn't get this position, I am still highly considering Bloomberg for future career prospects.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had one online video interview that went well. They asked a question then I had 90 seconds to think of a 60 second answer. Asked 5 questions about the current market, my experience in sales, my past internships, and about the terminal.

Interview Questions

• Asked 5 questions about the current market, sales, prior experiences, and the terminal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Starts with a phone call that is very rudimentary and basic. It lasted about 10-15 minutes and they ask you simple behavioral questions. Told me during the phone call that I will be invited to the Super Day at their office. Did the Super Day the next week in San Francisco. Got an office tour, did a a couple mock scenarios with the Bloomberg Terminal product, then did two back to back 30 minute interviews with an Analytics manager and a Sales manager. These were more intensive. Now waiting to hear back for a third round interview that is with a high up manager in the Analytics Department.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service so important?
      Tell me about what's going on in the news today?
      Stock vs. Bonds
      What are mortgage-backed securities and how did that lead to the financial crisis?
      Sell something to me in a 5 minute role play?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through website, a recruiter contacted me and set up a 30-minute phone interview. The interview went smooth and she told me I would move to the second round by the end of the phone call. After a week, another recruiter contacted me to set up a video conference with two team leaders. One from sales team and one from analytics, they were on time and asked basic questions, i.e. why Bloomberg, how can you sell the terminal, etc. But I don't think I did well in the conference since I really can't sell a terminal without being trained to know all the aspect of it.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Let's role play, I'm using a competitor's terminal, talk to me and let me change my mind.

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

1 phone call and followed by a super day with 2 30 minute interviews. Process was fairly straightforward and the interview questions we're almost all behavioral. No prior finance experience is necessary, but it is important to know what is happening in terms of finance-related current events. Also know the difference between the Analytics department and the sales department at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then a In-house interview day. I was flown from my university in order to be able to interview; once there, I had to sleep at a nearby hotel and be at the HQs by 8:00am.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Maybe only 10 minutes long, super casual. Gave me a 1 hour time frame they would call and called within that time frame. Very friendly on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose finance as your major?
      Why did you choose to go to the University of Iowa?
      What is a current event in the financial markets you are following and how is it affecting the economy?
      What do you think this internship does?
      What is bloomberg?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Same process as most companies. Screening call was relaxed. The interviewer wants to hear your interest in the industry and the company. Make sure you know what is going on in the industry at the time of the interviews.

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview 5 days after applying. Other basic questions about your background and experience in sales. Why do you want to work in sales? What do you know about the function of this position? etc. Email a couple days later saying that the company would not be moving forward with me in the process but to continue to apply to their jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting for a 15 to 20 minute phone interview. I heard back a day later asking me to attend a super day in which I participated in two one-on-one interviews and got a tour of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words, examples of good and bad customer service, tell me something that's not on your resume   Answer Question