Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

Financial Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2009.

Interview

Two interviewers for each candidate. I was asked about my background only slightly. You could tell they thought my answers were too long and really wanted me to get to the point (I had 10 interviews this week, so I can attest that my answers were no longer than the typical response). They were determined to show that I did not understand what the position actually was (except I have a cousin that worked this exact same job, how I got the interview, so I know exactly what the position does). Overall, I would say I was well prepared for the interview but their style of questioning did not match my style of interviewing.
Advice: get to the point, don't go through the typical Situation-Task-Action-Result because it seemed like they didn't care about the details. Also, let them get off on telling you about the job, make your questions really basic. It's almost like if you actually do know anything about they job, they are sad they can't teach you and then take it out on you by "proving" you have no idea what they do on a day to day basis. Also, interview was not technical, AT ALL. So don't waste time on that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg beyond just the professional service?   1 Answer
  • Tell me what you know about the position.   Answer Question

See What Bloomberg L.P. Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former News Reporter in New York, NY

Pros: “High standards, ambitious goals, plenty of resources and a sense of momentum (which is very rare in journalism). Some extremely talented writers and editors, who occasionally are unleashed...”“High standards, ambitious goals, plenty of resources and a sense of momentum (which is very rare in journalism). Some extremely talented writers and editors, who occasionally are unleashed to do their best work. Pay is good for journalism.” – Full Review