Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

3.1

401 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Interview process was very efficient. HR was very easy to work with and they did not try to trick you like many other companies did. I thought the process went very smoothly, although there were many steps to the process.

Interview Questions

• What is a news story you are following and why would customers of Bloomberg be interested?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Had to record myself interviewing and was called in for a super day where I interviewed with 2 managers. Have a 3rd interviewing coming up. Overall great company but interview was very disorganized and hr seems quite confused.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales and what makes you a good Sales person?
      Why are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2017.

Interview

1st step -
    Prerecorded video screening. 5 questions, about a minute each. Basic questions that covered introduction and customer service/sales, and a couple questions that covered the terminal and the markets (nothing too intense, just make sure you're following a piece of financial news and you know what the terminal is). You get a minute to gather your thoughts before it starts recording, and 1 retry on the last few questions.

2nd step -
    Phone screening with recruiter. Again, very basic, lasted about 15 - 20 minutes. Went over details about the role and asked a few questions about customer service/sales. No market-related questions for me at this step but it could depend on recruiter.

3rd step -
    Super day. They invited me in-person to interview (flight and hotel paid for if you're out of town). 30 minute tour of the office, 30 minute simulation of the terminal, 30 minute job shadowing, and then 2x 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews (one with the analytics manager, and the other with sales manager).

Unfortunately I didn't get the job, but it was a very pleasant experience. Not once do they look at your resume (that's their thing), so they hire based on fit and behavioral questions. They also hire from a variety of backgrounds, so having finance knowledge is not necessary. During the tour, try to ask a lot of questions and build rapport with the tour guide. During the simulation, the focus is on how well you respond to the client, not if you can find a solution. During the analytics interview, there were a few behavioral questions on good customer service and finding the right info. During the sales interview, there were a few behavioral questions about sales and then I was asked to sell something.

Interview Questions

• 1st step -
      Basic questions about good customer service/sales
      What financial news are you following and how does it affect terminal users?

2nd step -
      Basic questions about good customer service/sales

3rd step -
      What is good customer service to you?
      When is a time you had to really make sure you had the correct answer?
      What is good sales to you?
      Sell me something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Very long process. It took about a month to hear back from them. After doing the video interview (5 questions), I did a 20 minute phone interview where they asked me basic questions about the company and the products. Interviewer (HR) was not polite when I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Current events?
      Make sure you know the role you are applying to and an example of customer service.
      Tip: Do your best. If they reject you, remember it’s Bloomberg’s loss not yours! ;)   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 3 weeks later. For my interview, I had to record my responses in a video screen and submit them. They asked 5 questions and I had one try to answer. One week after submitting my responses, I got an auto email rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why this role?
      Current event
      Tell me about a time...customer service.
      Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process began with a short 30-minute phone interview. Questions were behavioral. Make sure you know what the company does and have a good understanding of what job's main responsibilities are. Following this, I was invited to the office for a super day. It consisted of a tour of the building, working with Terminal and two short manager interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

virtual interview consisting of timed questions to answer through video chat, probably to get to know your personality and see what you know about Bloomberg and their business activities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got through a video interview. The video interview was 5 questions which we had two tries each to answer. Questions, such as, what are you following in the markets, and why Bloomberg. The phone screen had very similar questions.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

First round self-video interview: answer 3-4 role and company related questions
    Second round phone call: 30 to 45 minutes interview about role and your interests
    Third round video conference: 1 hour interview with managers, two role plays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very long process. Interviewers weren't very nice.