Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.1

389 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process began with a short 30-minute phone interview. Questions were behavioral. Make sure you know what the company does and have a good understanding of what job's main responsibilities are. Following this, I was invited to the office for a super day. It consisted of a tour of the building, working with Terminal and two short manager interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

virtual interview consisting of timed questions to answer through video chat, probably to get to know your personality and see what you know about Bloomberg and their business activities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got through a video interview. The video interview was 5 questions which we had two tries each to answer. Questions, such as, what are you following in the markets, and why Bloomberg. The phone screen had very similar questions.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

First round self-video interview: answer 3-4 role and company related questions
    Second round phone call: 30 to 45 minutes interview about role and your interests
    Third round video conference: 1 hour interview with managers, two role plays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very long process. Interviewers weren't very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Beijing office remotely since I was in US that time. 4 round interviews took me more than 3 months to complete, which was too long. Interviewers were quite friendly. Actually I benefited a lot from the whole process and succeed another interview later.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

I am going to preface this by saying that I haven't gotten an offer yet, because I only interviewed recently, but I will update this post on my status later.

The process started with a phone interview, though I've heard a bunch of people having to do a prerecorded interview. I didn't hear back about the phone interview for about a month after submitting my application, so I started getting worried, but eventually I heard back.

The phone interview was very relaxed, it lasted around 30 minutes. The woman who I spoke to was from HR and asked some very basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. She ended by asking me what I'm following in the markets. I heard back around 2 and a half weeks later that I had moved on to the final round Super Day.

The Super Day was a BLAST. A group of around 9 of us showed up at 9am. We started the day by shadowing an Analytics Representative. The woman who I shadowed was very young and easy to talk to. She answered all of my questions and we had a really good conversation.

From there we moved on to a tour of the building. It's gorgeous, you'll love it.

After having seen what Analytics reps actually do, we moved on to a simulation of the job. This part was really cool. They sat all of us down in the training room in front of a Terminal and explained its basic functionality. They really want you to do well and don't expect anyone to have any previous knowledge of the Terminal. We were given a sheet with some functions that helped us as well as the actual answers that the "clients" would be asking. You have 30 minutes to deal with fake inquiries from two different clients. It is designed to sort of trick you up, but it's meant to test your client service skills. One of the clients will get annoyed with you but it's fine, you just have to show that you know how to be polite and respectful. The time flies by.

After the simulation, we found a table near the training room and worked through a team exercise. It was pretty standard if you've been to any sort of leadership development program. They put you in an unlikely scenario and want to see how you come to a consensus as a group. It was really fun actually.

We ended the Super Day with two 30 minute interviews; one with an Analytics rep and the other with a Sales rep. The questions are very behavioral and they do not have access to your resumes beforehand (it's kind of their thing). The key is to show your experience through the examples you give. If you can do that and prove your passion for finance and tech as well as your knack for client service your good.

The second interview is with a Sales rep. Largely, it's the same (i.e. their trying to get a feel for why you chose Bloomberg and what you're passionate about). The only difference is that the Sales rep will DEFINITELY ask you to sell them something. Every single person that interviewed with me that day had the same question. The rest of the questions are pretty light. If you can hold a conversation with them, you'll be fine. They're not intimidating at all, they want you to succeed as much as everyone else.

From there, we went down to the Link and got some free soup and were let out around 12pm.

All-in-all it was a very fun day.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about something you're following in the markets.   1 Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

The process was spread over about 3 months. After applying I had a phone call with someone in HR with pretty basic fit questions and a little about the markets. A few weeks later I was told that I got the super day in NYC. There were 3 other people interviewing that day. We did shadowing of an Analytics rep, a basic job simulation on the terminals, a group work exercise with the other interviewees, and two back to back interviews with someone from Analytics and then Sales. I was notified about 2 or 3 weeks after the super day that I made it to the final round. The final round was a skype interview with an Analytics manager. More basic fit questions and some harder technical questions about the markets. I was notified the next week that I received the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First stage was online test which was quite easy.
    Second stage was video interview. I expected interview using skype. However, it just provided some questions and i just answered while they were recording. So, basically there is no conversation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First round: Basic phone interview, behavioral and general background questions.
    Second round: Superday in NYC consisting of several group activities while being monitored such as ranking things needed to survive on a stranded boat, mock customer service simulation on Terminal, and tour of headquarters. Ended with two one on one interviews with Analytics and Sales managers. One on ones were mainly behavioral for me, and then some questions about market trends, Bloomberg's customers and competitors. Was also asked to pitch an app.
    Third round: Final one on one interview with Analytics manager. Viewed some Bloomberg screens and was asked to describe what they meant (ex. index funds, bond indices).
    Experience overall was very pleasant, everyone was friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What types of risk do Bloomberg customers face, and how do they combat these risks?   1 Answer