Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.1

393 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Very long process. It took about a month to hear back from them. After doing the video interview (5 questions), I did a 20 minute phone interview where they asked me basic questions about the company and the products. Interviewer (HR) was not polite when I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
    Current events?
    Make sure you know the role you are applying to and an example of customer service.
    Tip: Do your best. If they reject you, remember it’s Bloomberg’s loss not yours! ;)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 3 weeks later. For my interview, I had to record my responses in a video screen and submit them. They asked 5 questions and I had one try to answer. One week after submitting my responses, I got an auto email rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why this role?
      Current event
      Tell me about a time...customer service.
      Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process began with a short 30-minute phone interview. Questions were behavioral. Make sure you know what the company does and have a good understanding of what job's main responsibilities are. Following this, I was invited to the office for a super day. It consisted of a tour of the building, working with Terminal and two short manager interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

virtual interview consisting of timed questions to answer through video chat, probably to get to know your personality and see what you know about Bloomberg and their business activities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got through a video interview. The video interview was 5 questions which we had two tries each to answer. Questions, such as, what are you following in the markets, and why Bloomberg. The phone screen had very similar questions.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

First round self-video interview: answer 3-4 role and company related questions
    Second round phone call: 30 to 45 minutes interview about role and your interests
    Third round video conference: 1 hour interview with managers, two role plays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very long process. Interviewers weren't very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Beijing office remotely since I was in US that time. 4 round interviews took me more than 3 months to complete, which was too long. Interviewers were quite friendly. Actually I benefited a lot from the whole process and succeed another interview later.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

I am going to preface this by saying that I haven't gotten an offer yet, because I only interviewed recently, but I will update this post on my status later.

The process started with a phone interview, though I've heard a bunch of people having to do a prerecorded interview. I didn't hear back about the phone interview for about a month after submitting my application, so I started getting worried, but eventually I heard back.

The phone interview was very relaxed, it lasted around 30 minutes. The woman who I spoke to was from HR and asked some very basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. She ended by asking me what I'm following in the markets. I heard back around 2 and a half weeks later that I had moved on to the final round Super Day.

The Super Day was a BLAST. A group of around 9 of us showed up at 9am. We started the day by shadowing an Analytics Representative. The woman who I shadowed was very young and easy to talk to. She answered all of my questions and we had a really good conversation.

From there we moved on to a tour of the building. It's gorgeous, you'll love it.

After having seen what Analytics reps actually do, we moved on to a simulation of the job. This part was really cool. They sat all of us down in the training room in front of a Terminal and explained its basic functionality. They really want you to do well and don't expect anyone to have any previous knowledge of the Terminal. We were given a sheet with some functions that helped us as well as the actual answers that the "clients" would be asking. You have 30 minutes to deal with fake inquiries from two different clients. It is designed to sort of trick you up, but it's meant to test your client service skills. One of the clients will get annoyed with you but it's fine, you just have to show that you know how to be polite and respectful. The time flies by.

After the simulation, we found a table near the training room and worked through a team exercise. It was pretty standard if you've been to any sort of leadership development program. They put you in an unlikely scenario and want to see how you come to a consensus as a group. It was really fun actually.

We ended the Super Day with two 30 minute interviews; one with an Analytics rep and the other with a Sales rep. The questions are very behavioral and they do not have access to your resumes beforehand (it's kind of their thing). The key is to show your experience through the examples you give. If you can do that and prove your passion for finance and tech as well as your knack for client service your good.

The second interview is with a Sales rep. Largely, it's the same (i.e. their trying to get a feel for why you chose Bloomberg and what you're passionate about). The only difference is that the Sales rep will DEFINITELY ask you to sell them something. Every single person that interviewed with me that day had the same question. The rest of the questions are pretty light. If you can hold a conversation with them, you'll be fine. They're not intimidating at all, they want you to succeed as much as everyone else.

From there, we went down to the Link and got some free soup and were let out around 12pm.

All-in-all it was a very fun day.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about something you're following in the markets.   1 Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

The process was spread over about 3 months. After applying I had a phone call with someone in HR with pretty basic fit questions and a little about the markets. A few weeks later I was told that I got the super day in NYC. There were 3 other people interviewing that day. We did shadowing of an Analytics rep, a basic job simulation on the terminals, a group work exercise with the other interviewees, and two back to back interviews with someone from Analytics and then Sales. I was notified about 2 or 3 weeks after the super day that I made it to the final round. The final round was a skype interview with an Analytics manager. More basic fit questions and some harder technical questions about the markets. I was notified the next week that I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg/Analytics/Sales   1 Answer