Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.1

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

I am going to preface this by saying that I haven't gotten an offer yet, because I only interviewed recently, but I will update this post on my status later.

The process started with a phone interview, though I've heard a bunch of people having to do a prerecorded interview. I didn't hear back about the phone interview for about a month after submitting my application, so I started getting worried, but eventually I heard back.

The phone interview was very relaxed, it lasted around 30 minutes. The woman who I spoke to was from HR and asked some very basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. She ended by asking me what I'm following in the markets. I heard back around 2 and a half weeks later that I had moved on to the final round Super Day.

The Super Day was a BLAST. A group of around 9 of us showed up at 9am. We started the day by shadowing an Analytics Representative. The woman who I shadowed was very young and easy to talk to. She answered all of my questions and we had a really good conversation.

From there we moved on to a tour of the building. It's gorgeous, you'll love it.

After having seen what Analytics reps actually do, we moved on to a simulation of the job. This part was really cool. They sat all of us down in the training room in front of a Terminal and explained its basic functionality. They really want you to do well and don't expect anyone to have any previous knowledge of the Terminal. We were given a sheet with some functions that helped us as well as the actual answers that the "clients" would be asking. You have 30 minutes to deal with fake inquiries from two different clients. It is designed to sort of trick you up, but it's meant to test your client service skills. One of the clients will get annoyed with you but it's fine, you just have to show that you know how to be polite and respectful. The time flies by.

After the simulation, we found a table near the training room and worked through a team exercise. It was pretty standard if you've been to any sort of leadership development program. They put you in an unlikely scenario and want to see how you come to a consensus as a group. It was really fun actually.

We ended the Super Day with two 30 minute interviews; one with an Analytics rep and the other with a Sales rep. The questions are very behavioral and they do not have access to your resumes beforehand (it's kind of their thing). The key is to show your experience through the examples you give. If you can do that and prove your passion for finance and tech as well as your knack for client service your good.

The second interview is with a Sales rep. Largely, it's the same (i.e. their trying to get a feel for why you chose Bloomberg and what you're passionate about). The only difference is that the Sales rep will DEFINITELY ask you to sell them something. Every single person that interviewed with me that day had the same question. The rest of the questions are pretty light. If you can hold a conversation with them, you'll be fine. They're not intimidating at all, they want you to succeed as much as everyone else.

From there, we went down to the Link and got some free soup and were let out around 12pm.

All-in-all it was a very fun day.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   1 Answer
  • Tell me about something you're following in the markets.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

The process was spread over about 3 months. After applying I had a phone call with someone in HR with pretty basic fit questions and a little about the markets. A few weeks later I was told that I got the super day in NYC. There were 3 other people interviewing that day. We did shadowing of an Analytics rep, a basic job simulation on the terminals, a group work exercise with the other interviewees, and two back to back interviews with someone from Analytics and then Sales. I was notified about 2 or 3 weeks after the super day that I made it to the final round. The final round was a skype interview with an Analytics manager. More basic fit questions and some harder technical questions about the markets. I was notified the next week that I received the offer.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Paris (France)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by online videos. I had to record 5 videos each about a minute and a half in length. You have 2 chances for each video. It took about a month from start to finish. Afterwards the was a meeting at the bloomberg office. I did not end up taking the offer because of another offer at a different company.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1- Phone interview 2- Video interview 3- Language assessment both oral and written 4- interview with a team leader.

The interview was very smooth and I enjoyed every single moment of it. Just try and be prepared for their questions, mainly behavioral questions but also be aware of financial trends and market news. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why sales and analytics? Relevant experiences?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My process was 4 steps which included an online application, virtual interview, phone screen/ interview, and lastly a super day.

Virtual interview. For this I was sent a link and given a few days to complete it. A question would pop up on the screen and you would have a minute to prepare a one minute answer, only one try! My questions were basic and included, what do you expect to be doing in the position? Tell me about a recent financial event and why a client could find our terminals useful for evaluating the event. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client at work.

The phone screen was pretty light, if you can get through the first round theres no reason why you cant get past this. Mine was a few more basic questions similar to what I have listed above as well as HR eligibility questions. Here's a good time to really show why you are interested in Bloomberg.

Maybe a week after I got an invite for a super-day. If you are far from the office they will fly you in or provide you with a train, as well as a hotel. The super day was about 4 hours and the order of activities ranges depending on what group you are in. For mine there was 4 main parts which consisted of a tour, group activity, 2 30 min one on one interviews, and a Q&A session. The tour and Q&A are very laid back. I think the time to really show your self is in the group work and interviews, mainly the interviews. One will likely be with a higher up in Sales and the other with a higher up in analytics. For analytics just know the basic function, your there to provide assistance to clients. For sales be prepared to sell something!!! I did a role play where I could pick what i wanted to sell, for this I sold my watch. I heard of other people having to sell the pen or water bottle that was on the table. Be sure to grab their emails and write a nice follow up.

Last advice. There will be no technical's, unless you find a way to bring them into the interview, which is good if you know the material well. Without a doubt the best 2 things to do are research Bloomberg and the position and be familiar with MARKET NEWS! This will come up, I would recommend knowing one current topic really well. This was long but it should be helpful haha, good luck!!!

Also I got an offer roughly 2 weeks after the superday.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with an online assessment, followed by a telephone interview, a language test, and a in-house interview
    The difficulty of the interviews I would say is average. It is not that hard, it is even easy if you make sure you do research about Boolmberg, if you know about Bloomberg’s products, competitors, competitive advantage, potential clients, the role itself, etc.
    In every interview they asked me “Why Bloomberg” so make sure you have your pitchready. They might give you different cases where they will try to find out your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg
      2. Talk me through your cv
      3. Tell me about a time when you have to implement something new.
      4. Thel me about a time when you had to persuade someone?
      5. Besides the Terminal, what are other revenue generating products?
      Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with an online Application, video interview, phone interview and then onsite interview. Had to really push my passion for wanting to work for Bloomberg and in a sales role. I think they are really looking for people who aren't going to jump out of Bloomberg straight after the graduate program but will stay there for a longer term.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. It's like a usual interview, but you need to understand what this job is doing. After asking basic questions, then there's a check on your skills. And then I had an roll play with the recruiter, pretending I was a sales man selling a chair to her.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself
      2. why BBG
      3. what do you think about this position
      4. why you
      5. Role play
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

If you're selected after applying, you will receive an email to set up an online "interview", where you will record live answers to 5 questions on your webcam. Nobody is on the other end and you have approximately 2 mins per question. The next step will be to schedule a phone screen with HR that lasts around 10-15 minutes. The last step is the Super Day, where you will participate in a campus tour, Q&A sessions with current employees, group exercise, and two 30 minute 1:1 interviews (One Sales and One Analytics).

Although I wasn't offered the internship, it was a great experience. The HR department is exceptional. Everyone that works there seems to be happy. My biggest pieces of advice would be to research the company/product and most importantly, thoroughly understand the role you're applying for and be able to provide examples of great customer service and selling. Lastly, don't forget to really show your enthusiasm for the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• Understand the product and focus on your experience with customer service and sales.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview and a video interview. Everyone was very welcoming and nice! On site interviews were fun and also focused on teamwork and communication skills besides the regular interviews.