Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was strictly questions that could be found on here, why Bloomberg, walk me through your resume, etc. Not a hard interview by any means. I just found it difficult to connect with my phone interviewer, usually I am able to create a good rapport, no luck this time. I had a feeling I wasn't going to get invited to a superday because of the tone of the conversation and I was right.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied one week, followed up the next (Following up is really important), and got a notification of a phone screening a few days later. The initial phone screen actually was basic questions. Why finance? Why this role? What do you know about the position? Have you've been following financial news? Personally, I did not have much interview experience prior to this role, so for me I constantly stuttering and not speaking confidently with my answers. It's not so much what you know, it's how personable you are (for the phone screening).

Interview Questions

• Have you been following the financial markets? What's going on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

- The lady was very short and un personal. She asked me standard questions such as:

-Why sales?
    -Why Bloomberg?
    - Sell me something?

These are generic interview questions. She followed these with specific questions about current financial events.

Overall, the interviewer was short with me and almost rude. Have a current financial event in your back pocket.

Interview Questions

• -Why financial services
      -Tell me something going on in the market?
      -Why sales?
      -Why Bloomberg?
      - Sell me something
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a recruiter about my interests and career goals. A week later, received an email that I would be bought in to the office. They paid for my flight and hotel. I spoke with an analytics employee, a sales employee, and a team manager. Was asked about my experience, interest in financial markets, sales ability, and career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview by the recruiter last a total of 15 minutes and is focused on questions about yourself and you career goal.

Interview Questions

• If a client asked a question I did not know the answer to and he/she began to become aggravated, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard phone screen: simple behavioral and resume questions. Intent on knowing why you think you are would be strong in sales. Then on-site rotational interview, preceded by guided tour of office facilities.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online and received an email stating that I was selected for a first round interview. Answered typical phone interview questions which gaged interest and qualifications. Did well and was invited to a super day.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about the job description that appeals to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an initial interview with HR and then moved onto the next round in their New York offices. The first part is shadowing and touring the offices, which are so cool!!! Then you have a 2 v 1 interview with someone from Analytics and someone from Sales. No technical questions, just fit and behavioral. They ask about your experiences and if you have any in sales and why this position is appealing to you. Just do your research and you'll be fine. After this we had a quick group activity which was SUPER easy so don't even worry about it. They just want to see how you work with others and what you prioritize. After that they brought our group together (approx. 7 people) and the HR coordinate walked each of us out separately. She walked me out and told me that they wanted to continue my interviewing process and that my next interview, with someone who was senior in Sales. At first he was a little aloof but as we started talking more I believe we hit it off. He had me sell him my favorite app, which at first I don't think I sold him on but then we did the same scenario again after I identified my flaws and it went much better. After this I was greeted by the same HR coordinate who informed me that I had made it to the last and final round, with their global head, who lucky for me had a small window of time that afternoon and if I felt ok on time (my flight was at 7 and by this time it was 3:45 PM...) then I could do it in person or do the last round via Skype when I returned to school. Obviously I chose in person. She was tough. BE READY! She will ask you about their portal and the program and your financial experience and why you are interested in financial services and financial markets. I wasn't as sharp as I should have been and fumbled on some questions. Granted, I do not believe having all three rounds in one day is their typical format. But be ready to sell yourself to them and why you love sales but also be prepared to share your knowledge of the financial industry.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your favorite app? Do you know what the Bloomberg Terminal does? Why is it attractive to our customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen that quickly followed my application. Basic questions and I was soon asked to come to a super day. Everyone was really friendly and the questions were not too bad at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first phone interview is very easy. Unfortunately, I panicked during the interview and did not end up getting invited back to the second round, but I think if you use the other suggestions on Glassdoor and are relaxed, you should definitely do a lot better than I did. Goodluck.

Interview Questions

• Are you following any news on the financial market?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about the job you applied for.
      Answer Question