Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.1

387 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

First had a quick 30 min phone interview- describe Bloomberg, the role you are applying for, good/bad customer service, generally why you're interested and would be good at sales, and know 1 thing that is going on in the markets today (you guide this- so even if you don't know the markets, just know one topic really well and have an opinion on where you think it is going and why)

Second/Final Interview was the same day for me- I was interviewing with 3 other candidates, we each sat at a Terminal with a current analyst for about 30 min- pretty casual and I could ask him some questions, then shadowed and went on a tour around the building with another analyst- again was pretty casual and just was able to ask a lot of questions. Then went to a 2-1 interview with a financial and sales rep for about an hour- they asked me to go through my resume, why Bloomberg, good/bad customer service, important qualities of a good sales person,again- 1 thing you're following in the markets, and I was asked some teamwork stuff- like a time when you had a conflict and overcame it, nothing was too unexpected or out of the ordinary, have some questions to ask them at the end, then did a group activity. Afterward, I was called back and they let the other candidates go- I don't think this means they won't be called up later to have a skype interview (or in person if you're in NYC) but it is a good sign if they want you to keep interviewing that day. I had 2 interviews (both with senior members) - asked me similar questions about my background, interests, why Bloomberg.
I wasn't asked any technical questions (about bonds vs stocks, ETFs, etc) but I probably would be prepared for something like that since I think others were asked those questions.

In all- I would be prepped for any classic sales questions (what are the qualities of a good sales person, sell me something, etc), know why you want to work for Bloomberg (this is important for them), 1 story about the markets, and some basic finance terms (investopedia or wall street oasis guide is great if you don't have a background in finance)

Hope this is helpful. I am waiting to hear back. I don't know yet on the timing between second/final round and when they make their decision, but it was a quick turn around between the first phone call screen and the invite to come into the office. They also email you if they don't want you back for phone and in-person rounds so you'll know if it is a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
    Good/bad Customer Service examples
    1 thing you are following in the markets   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. Applied online through a employee referral. Received an email a couple weeks later stating i have been selected for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. I am honestly not sure why i did not get the next round. I am pretty sure it was for a superficial reason because I was told they are mainly looking for girls at the time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There are 4 rounds of interviews. The first is a phone interview. Very casual with an HR rep who will ask you about your background and experience as well as question #1 listed below. Two days later I got a call to come in for an all day interview/tour of Bloomberg/group project with approximately 5-10 other candidates interviewing for the same position. The interview portion was with a team leader from the sales dept and a team leader from the analytics dept. After that, I was called for a third round interview where I met with the manager of the sales dept. This interview was about an hour and I was asked all of the questions below as well as a bunch of questions about my experience. Once that interview was over, I was asked to stay and interview with the head of the analytics dept. Again, the questions are very similar to the other rounds of interviews. Be calm and be yourself. They called you for a reason.

Interview Questions

• 1) Name a current event you are following in the markets today. 2) If given $10 million to start your own company (and be profitable) what would it be? Why? How do you know it will make money? 3) General Sales and customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two phone calls and then in person interview. All very straight forwarded. The first phone call was very quick, which led to a second phone call. Eventually, was brought to office to have in person interview with some one person from HR, Sales, and Analytics.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2016.

Interview

Got a referral from a friend that works at the company, applied, waited about a week to hear back from someone after my friend emailed HR. Spoke with someone through HR via email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. Here's where it gets quite amusing. The recruiter never called on the time we had reached upon. I waited several hours thinking I'd get a response or apology but I received nothing. Until I spoke with HR who had set up the time, she apologized and had given me some excuse about how her meeting was held longer then expected. No big deal, set up another time. This time it's the following week (original interview was scheduled for Thursday). FINALLY get the call, the recruiter was so uninterested you could here it in her tone of voice from the second I got on the phone I knew she wasn't pleased with me. Overall bad experience, simple questions that you'd see on here were asked. I brushed up on all of them, even wrote what she asked down and practiced. Guess she may have gotten introuble for not doing her job the first time. Best of luck to those who apply.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Why analytics
      What's going on in the market today
      Why Bloomberg   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone interview

Why are you good at sales?
    Why did you choose ur School and Major?
    Do you keep up with financial markets? How so?
    Tell me about something you've seen in financial market news.

Negotiation

On to an in officer interview day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied one week, followed up the next (Following up is really important), and got a notification of a phone screening a few days later. The initial phone screen actually was basic questions. Why finance? Why this role? What do you know about the position? Have you've been following financial news? Personally, I did not have much interview experience prior to this role, so for me I constantly stuttering and not speaking confidently with my answers. It's not so much what you know, it's how personable you are (for the phone screening).

Interview Questions

• Have you been following the financial markets? What's going on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

- The lady was very short and un personal. She asked me standard questions such as:

-Why sales?
    -Why Bloomberg?
    - Sell me something?

These are generic interview questions. She followed these with specific questions about current financial events.

Overall, the interviewer was short with me and almost rude. Have a current financial event in your back pocket.

Interview Questions

• -Why financial services
      -Tell me something going on in the market?
      -Why sales?
      -Why Bloomberg?
      - Sell me something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a recruiter about my interests and career goals. A week later, received an email that I would be bought in to the office. They paid for my flight and hotel. I spoke with an analytics employee, a sales employee, and a team manager. Was asked about my experience, interest in financial markets, sales ability, and career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview by the recruiter last a total of 15 minutes and is focused on questions about yourself and you career goal.

Interview Questions

• If a client asked a question I did not know the answer to and he/she began to become aggravated, how would you respond?   1 Answer