Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

3.1

385 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

Phone Call, 1 on 2 in person interview, followed by shadowing and tour, waited a week to hear back. invited back for final in person interview with manager. waited a week and a half to hear back. The interviewers were generally nice and responsive.The HR department needs some tuning up though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2015.

Interview

phone interview, in person super day ( 4 hours at the firm, two on one interview, group interview, tour of firm). Good experience but very competitive. Lots of applicants for very few spots.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Lansing, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Had to interview for 4 rounds and still waiting for the last round. Low efficiency, months of waiting (first on-campus interview happened around december and it's been 3 months and I'm still waiting for the last round). But it's truly a great company. Apply for sure if you can wait long.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2015.

Interview

Please note this was my first real interview: I was given a 15 minute screener and was not exactly explained fully what the position entailed. Didn't feel like anything I was saying was received well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with basic screening questions followed by in-house interview with managers from sales and analytics departments and another group work exercise measuring teamwork skills. Questions were easy and basic; the main point to remember is that this is a position oriented toward sales of the Terminal after the training program and the experience working as a help desk operator for the Terminal users. Be ready to show your enthusiasm toward sales and knowledge of the company.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

This was a horrible interview process. They were very slow and getting back at me and the HR representative who contacted me did not even half of the times available as she originally offered. Finally I figured out a time to interview and when the interview started they asked my GPA. When I did not meet their GPA requirement they said there must have been a mistake and that I could not continue. The interview that was supposed to be an hour lasted 3 min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First Round- Phone interview with HR, just know your resume and how your experience can relate to the job description. Know about Bloomberg's history and their competitors, as well as their products. Nothing too difficult, just type out some notes to have in front of you while on the phone, just try not to sound rehearsed. Second Round- they emailed me and gave me 3 options to fly out to NYC and attend a super-day interview. I went on the last day, and there were only 3 other people attending. Shadowed a current employee for 20 minutes, be sure to seem interested in the job. Next, a tour of the building and then a 2 on 1 interview with someone from sales and someone from analytics. Again, just basic questions, know your resume and be prepared to give examples of how you are a good fit for this role. There was also a group exercise where they pair you with another candidate and watch how you work in a team. Personally, I think I was less than enthusiastic about the job, and I think it showed in the interview. If you do well, they have you interview with higher up executives, but I did not make it to the next round. All in all, a good practice experience and great chance to see the famed Bloomberg Office, but be aware that this job is basically just customer service and sales, with opportunities to branch out after the first year. not for everybody, but a good fit for some.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2015.

Interview

Conversational, mainly questions about sales and how to approach customer service. Questions about my experience with sales. Also, questions about interest in finance and particularly Bloomberg. I had to talk about why I would be a useful on the help desk, and how my previous experience had prepared for that. How I would deal with a difficult client, and experience with that.

Interview Questions

• What is a financial event are you following and how do you think it will impact the economy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied via online recruiting website and received an invitation to the first round of interview within a week. The first interview was easy, asking general basic questions such as "Why Bloomberg", "What is your strength", and such. Then I received another invitation to the in-house video conference interview with 2 team leaders that is supposed to take 60 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• -Why Bloomberg
      -How much do you know about our team's work?
      -How did you know about Bloomberg
      -What is your strength
      -Why financial institutions?
      -What was your hardest project ever done in your college?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Submitted Resume. They took a while to get back to me. About 3 weeks. Had an initial phone screening interview which was basic questions and interest in Bloomberg. Went to the office for Round 2. Was interviewed by 2 individuals. They ask about your interest in Sales and Bloomberg and what the terminal, products, and competitors are. You have to show that you are interested in economics, sales, business (i.e. took courses in college, follow business news and stats). Have to be enthusiastic about Bloomberg as well. Interview was over at 12pm so i knew i didn't make the next round. Also got to briefly shadow workers. You to engage with them and seem interested.

Interview Questions

• What is the Bloomberg terminal? It's competitiors   2 Answers