Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 366 of over 6.4K interviews

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Positive54%
Recruiter3%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Indianapolis, IN) in Feb 2019

Interview

They had info session at school. I submitted my resume online and got the on-campus interview. The interview is 1 hour. Two engineers are the interviewer. Small talk at the beginning. Ask 1 or 2 questions about the resume. And then ask two technical questions. I finished the first one. But I did't have enough time to completed the second question. The first one is a string question. The second one is a tree question.

Interview Questions
  • A variation of Candy Crush.
    1 Answer
  • A binary tree question. Connect left child and right child.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in Dec 2018

Interview

It was a very candidate-friendly interview process, had flexible on-site dates. Amazingly quick feedback. Overall a great experience. Technical phone screen with an engineer (2 simple/average coding questions) On-site (technical and behavioral rounds)

Interview Questions
  • Simple/average coding questions. Understanding recursion, stack, and heap, some basic C++ features, data structures characteristics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in Nov 2016

Interview

- There was one phone interview with a Bloomberg engineer. - The onsite interview started with a so called tour of Bloomberg but abruptly ended with a museum of their colorful terminals. It was over in 5 minutes. The group of interviewees laughed a little when it ended. - 2 rounds of technical interviews with a break of ~20 minutes. Found it easy. Mix of algorithm and design questions. All interviewers look satisfied when they left me. - HR and recruiter forget that I exist. Forget to contact me for the next 40 minutes or so. I go to their front desk to inquire whether there are more rounds. - HR appears slightly irritated but is polite. Next 30 minutes, HR tries to understand why after 6+ years of computer science education and working for a couple of years I "chose" to be a software engineer. Does not want to hear technical stuff. Had a hard time believing I could fit the role. I wondered whether I should have taken Psychology and then become a recruiter so I could judge potential candidates of a different discipline. - At the end of the interview, was asked to "patiently" wait for the next round. Within 5 minutes, one more guy turns up and says the conference room is booked. Was once again asked to goto the front desk. Bloomberg office is huge and not all elevators goto front desk. :-( Reach somehow. - Once again try telling the front desk people that I have an interview. Give the name of the host. Host appears after 15 minutes. Asks how the interviews are going. I say "not that great". Asks whether - "Do you want to stay?". I lower my head and say "yes". - In the conference room, realizes that the manager is out of office and the manager does not have my resume. Arranges a video conference. Asks the manager over conference to not keep him "busy" since he has a flight in flat 2.5 hours. - Manager tries to understand how I ended up interviewing at Bloomberg and what role she could give me if I was chosen. It was nice but nothing productive. Interview ends in 30 minutes. - Meet the so called organizer of the whole process. Asks whether the interview was awesome. I say it was "ok". Goes on a tirade on how people like me have a low attitude and should be happy to meet awesome people. After all, the process took only a day. - Keeps repeating "Hope you get it". "Hope you get it" with a smirk while I collect my luggage and thank her for all the arrangements. - Leave broken hearted and look tearfully at Lexington tower while I rush to the airport.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Deep copy a linked list with a random pointer. 2. Perimeter of the wall enclosed by an enemy. Eg: 121 121 If the enemy is labeled 2 in the above matrix, the wall size is 6. 3. Design a circle class and then on, utilities on top of it including randomly generating a point within a circle. How do you translate to polar coordinates and what changes I would make. What changes would be required for a Square/Rectangle/eclipse etc.
4 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I met recruiters on campus and answered a brief tech question on the spot. I was then invited to an on campus interview. I passed the first on campus interview and was invited back for another the following day. I did not move forward in the process after the second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Given a list of ones and zeros, how would you sort the list efficiently so the zeros are in the front and the ones are in the second half.

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in Nov 2016

Interview

45 minutes interview on the phone with code sharing on HackerRankX. The interview seemed to go well actually. I gave answer to every question the interviewer asked. Though, I did a few silly mistakes while coding, but they were very minor ones. Was very surprised when I got a rejection mail 4 days later!

Interview Questions
  • Describing a particular project I worked on in my previous company Designing a board game between 2 players

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Baltimore, MD) in Oct 2016

Interview

Interviewed on campus, process was really quick (took about 2 weeks after being contacted for the first interview). 2 Technical interviews were 2 on 1. Standard questions. After each they left the room and came back in about 5 minutes asking me to come back for another interview. After the technical interviews, there were 2 45 minute interviews, one with a manager and another with an HR rep.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in Oct 2016

Interview

Applied through university career fair. The process takes several weeks. Then I got a phone interview. The interviewer was on time and very friendly. Did one algorithm coding question. Then I was invited to the on campus interview with the recruiters. Talked about resume and did two coding problems. The last five minutes was asking questions.

Interview Questions
  • Did two algorithm coding question. The phone interview was find path. The on campus interview was one of the questions from leetcode. Medium to hard level questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in May 2016

Interview

Applied at company website. Around 3 weeks later I received an invitation for an online technical interview. After the results got out I got invited for an in-house interview which consisted of 2 technical interviews and one competency based. Additionally, we got a tour of the London office and the chance to talk with current devs. After a week and a half received the final decision.

Interview Questions
  • How do you sort a list of numbers according to each number's frequency. Outline an implementation for a dynamic random access array (vector) efficiently. Tell us about a project you have worked on. Questions about C and C++ pointer operations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in Mar 2016

Interview

Applied online, took few weeks, a HR contact me, the engineer contacted me and then few easy question. Answered all questions correctly under the guidance of the engineer. But during the interview i cannot here some sentence clearly.

Interview Questions
  • Basic C++ pointer manipulation questions. Easy algorithm questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in Mar 2016

Interview

First step is an 1 hour interview over the phone + hackerrank. The interviewer was extremely polite and seemed very interested in my working experience. He provided a lot of hints when I got stuck. The questions were C++ related (basic knowledge) and basic algorithm knowledge, but I failed because I wasn't prepared.

Interview Questions
  • Spot the errors in a C++ program. Basic stuff: constant function trying to change class members, static function trying to change a non-static data member, object slicing, virtual method called in constructor.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 366 Interviews