Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

10 minute phone screen, then in person interview: 30 minutes with HR, 1 hour with software developer, then 30 minutes with senior manager

HR asked a lot of fit questions - why Bloomberg, what do I know about them, why I have the necessary skills? Technical questions got progressively more difficult. They asked "Are you sure" every time I had an answer, even when I was right, just to test me. Showed no indication during the process if I was doing well or not.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list, explain how try/catch works and what is the call stack, some brainteasers   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. The process takes several weeks. Then I got a phone interview. The interviewer was on time and very friendly. Did one algorithm coding question. Then I was invited to the on campus interview with the recruiters. Talked about resume and did two coding problems. The last five minutes was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Did two algorithm coding question. The phone interview was find path. The on campus interview was one of the questions from leetcode. Medium to hard level questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone interview which is your basic write some code through a text editor online. The onsite interview consists of two parts. The first part is technical where they will ask you two technical questions. The second part is all HR and why you want to work at Bloomberg. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How to obtain the running average of a group of numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1. online screening test, primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
    2. phone interview, brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3. onsite interview, 3 session in one afternoon. first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3rd session onsite is HR

Interview Questions

• online screening test is primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
      phone interview and the first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
      3rd session onsite is HR   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2015.

Interview

I gave the Bloomberg associate my resume at a career fair and got an interview offer. However, the person they sent to do the interview not only was late for the call by 15 minutes, but had an obnoxiously thick Indian accent to the point where I could not understand entire sentences.. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on what was said.

Interview Questions

• You are given a linked list that originally had numbers 1-100. One number is missing. How do you find the missing number?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Some basic buddy coding on one of the many sites with an engineer, then some basic personal questions, in-person interview follows that. The process itself is straightforward and standard, but that's about the only bonus to this thing.

I ended up dropping out right after the initial buddy coding over the phone. The guy clearly didn't want to do it. He sounded like he wanted to die over the phone, and when he'd ask questions, he'd constantly interrupt my thoughts by huffing and puffing and letting out long, drawn out sighs into the phone receiver while I was trying to work. The questions weren't even hard, but when you're already nervous, having someone sound like he's letting out dramatic groans of death on the phone really doesn't help you think. If working at the company is anything like this interview, I'm not interested at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone round - 1hour, asked me to code in HackerRank.
    Onsite 4 rounds - 2 technical followed by one with a manager and one with a hr. If you perform well in first 2 rounds,you go to further rounds.Else,you're out.
    Overall they look for smart candidates with not so much focus on perfect coding skills,which is good I guess.

Interview Questions

• Web browser history implementation without duplicates,a couple of c++ questions and some standard algorithm and data structure questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

They contacted me after I applied online about a technical interview. It took about 45 minutes and I had to code online while I was on the phone with the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. I applied through career fair. They gave me an on campus the next day. Interview was with two people. Fairly direct and straightfoward. The interview itself was about 45 minutes. I assume if you continued they would have a back to back interview afterwards

Interview Questions

• Find the smallest two values in an array   2 Answers
    • How to tell if a series of parenthesis is valid   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

It was the standard procedure. First a phone interview and then interview at their headquarters in NYC. Not particularly difficult. I enjoyed the trip to NYC. They asked me brain teasers some programming questions in C++ and some algorithms questions.

Interview Questions

• It was a brainteaser with monks.   1 Answer