Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

321 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very professional and they are very quick in announcing their results

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Campus 2:1 interview. It took one hour. Asked about SQL and Linux commands. Some questions about pipe and redirects. One question asked me to write a code to implement "echo".

Interview Questions

• Programming question: given a m by n grade, how many possible paths are there from (0, 0) to (m, n). Can only move in two directions, right and down.   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

3 Interviews. 2 very technical interviews asking questions on algorithm complexity.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

One technical phone interview. Basic topics covered. Java, unix, C/C++, OO Design etc.

In house interview consisted of two interviews. Both were technical. First consisted of small programming tasks. A method implementation, and error troubleshooting.

The second was to develop an algorithm. My question was to find the first unique 8bit element in an array.

Interview Questions

• An algorithm to find the first unique element in an array of 8 bit values.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

1 online test, 1 phone interview, and followed by an onsite interview

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

One online test, picking from C/C++/Java/C#, not so easy.
    Then one phone interview, asked a lot of questions, not hard, but need to be well prepared.
    Then onsite interview. 3 arounds. Most of the time is solving basic algorithm problems.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string by words, find the only duplicates in the range of [1-n]   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Basic algorithm questions, linked list, find prime numbers, number of zeros in the end of n!. Need to code with paper and pencil. Not very hard comparing to other IT companies.
    Object oriented design problem. Not hard, just apply the ood principle and proper design patterns.
    Many behavior question such as why bloomberg, what is 5yrs goal, 10yrs goal, how to be a leader.

Interview Questions

• Josephus problem. Not easy to get the trick if see it for the first time.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume then 1 Prog Question on Data structures   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied at Senior year at the career fair. They called me after 2 weeks and invited me to New York and had interview and I was offered.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest challenge of providing financial information to customers?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Campus job interview was a streamlined version of actual interview. So it helped me land in a job quickly