Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

322 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. The process takes several weeks. Then I got a phone interview. The interviewer was on time and very friendly. Did one algorithm coding question. Then I was invited to the on campus interview with the recruiters. Talked about resume and did two coding problems. The last five minutes was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Did two algorithm coding question. The phone interview was find path. The on campus interview was one of the questions from leetcode. Medium to hard level questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

- There was one phone interview with a Bloomberg engineer.
    - The onsite interview started with a so called tour of Bloomberg but abruptly ended with a museum of their colorful terminals. It was over in 5 minutes. The group of interviewees laughed a little when it ended.
    - 2 rounds of technical interviews with a break of ~20 minutes. Found it easy. Mix of algorithm and design questions. All interviewers look satisfied when they left me.
    - HR and recruiter forget that I exist. Forget to contact me for the next 40 minutes or so. I go to their front desk to inquire whether there are more rounds.
    - HR appears slightly irritated but is polite. Next 30 minutes, HR tries to understand why after 6+ years of computer science education and working for a couple of years I "chose" to be a software engineer. Does not want to hear technical stuff. Had a hard time believing I could fit the role. I wondered whether I should have taken Psychology and then become a recruiter so I could judge potential candidates of a different discipline.
    - At the end of the interview, was asked to "patiently" wait for the next round. Within 5 minutes, one more guy turns up and says the conference room is booked. Was once again asked to goto the front desk. Bloomberg office is huge and not all elevators goto front desk. :-( Reach somehow.
    - Once again try telling the front desk people that I have an interview. Give the name of the host. Host appears after 15 minutes. Asks how the interviews are going.
      I say "not that great". Asks whether - "Do you want to stay?". I lower my head and say "yes".
    - In the conference room, realizes that the manager is out of office and the manager does not have my resume. Arranges a video conference. Asks the manager over conference to not keep him "busy" since he has a flight in flat 2.5 hours.
    - Manager tries to understand how I ended up interviewing at Bloomberg and what role she could give me if I was chosen. It was nice but nothing productive. Interview ends in 30 minutes.
    - Meet the so called organizer of the whole process. Asks whether the interview was awesome. I say it was "ok". Goes on a tirade on how people like me have a low attitude and should be happy to meet awesome people. After all, the process took only a day.
    - Keeps repeating "Hope you get it". "Hope you get it" with a smirk while I collect my luggage and thank her for all the arrangements.
    - Leave broken hearted and look tearfully at Lexington tower while I rush to the airport.

Interview Questions

• 1. Deep copy a linked list with a random pointer.
      2. Perimeter of the wall enclosed by an enemy. Eg:
           If the enemy is labeled 2 in the above matrix, the wall size is 6.
      3. Design a circle class and then on, utilities on top of it including randomly generating a point within a circle. How do you translate to polar coordinates and what changes I would make. What changes would be required for a Square/Rectangle/eclipse etc.   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2016.

Interview

45 minutes interview on the phone with code sharing on HackerRankX.
    The interview seemed to go well actually. I gave answer to every question the interviewer asked. Though, I did a few silly mistakes while coding, but they were very minor ones.
    Was very surprised when I got a rejection mail 4 days later!

Interview Questions

• Describing a particular project I worked on in my previous company
      Designing a board game between 2 players   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I met recruiters on campus and answered a brief tech question on the spot. I was then invited to an on campus interview. I passed the first on campus interview and was invited back for another the following day. I did not move forward in the process after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of ones and zeros, how would you sort the list efficiently so the zeros are in the front and the ones are in the second half.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, process was really quick (took about 2 weeks after being contacted for the first interview). 2 Technical interviews were 2 on 1. Standard questions. After each they left the room and came back in about 5 minutes asking me to come back for another interview. After the technical interviews, there were 2 45 minute interviews, one with a manager and another with an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Stack that supports a max function?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone interview which is your basic write some code through a text editor online. The onsite interview consists of two parts. The first part is technical where they will ask you two technical questions. The second part is all HR and why you want to work at Bloomberg. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How to obtain the running average of a group of numbers   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2015.

Interview

I gave the Bloomberg associate my resume at a career fair and got an interview offer. However, the person they sent to do the interview not only was late for the call by 15 minutes, but had an obnoxiously thick Indian accent to the point where I could not understand entire sentences.. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on what was said.

Interview Questions

• You are given a linked list that originally had numbers 1-100. One number is missing. How do you find the missing number?   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England) in Feb. 2016.
    Interview
    Applied at company website. Around 3 weeks later I received an invitation for an online technical interview.

After the results got out I got invited for an in-house interview which consisted of 2 technical interviews and one competency based. Additionally, we got a tour of the London office and the chance to talk with current devs.

After a week and a half received the final decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you sort a list of numbers according to each number's frequency.

Outline an implementation for a dynamic random access array (vector) efficiently.

Tell us about a project you have worked on.

Questions about C and C++ pointer operations   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

After a week and a half received the final decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you sort a list of numbers according to each number's frequency.

Tell us about a project you have worked on.

Questions about C and C++ pointer operations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1. online screening test, primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
    2. phone interview, brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3. onsite interview, 3 session in one afternoon. first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3rd session onsite is HR

Interview Questions

• online screening test is primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
      phone interview and the first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
      3rd session onsite is HR   Answer Question