Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

over the phone, coding on my computer that was being monitored by my interviewer remotely. did the entire call from my college dorm room. The person on the phone had a thick accent so it was difficult to understand the questions he was asking. the interview tends to be about 5 to 6 coding questions and lasts a full hour.

Interview Questions

• given an integer (say 1234), write a function to reverse that number as an integer (ie 4321)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

really smooth—talked to recruiter at university career fair, got a phone interview (hackerrank) afterwards with two questions. got an onsite offer a few weeks later, they fly you out and pay for hotel etc. onsite involves two 2-on-1 technical interviews with engineers. mine switched off asking questions, we probably got through 2-3 questions each time. then was a shorter interview with a group manager, who gave a more open ended design question, then a brief "why Bloomberg" type thing with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was easy but process was very irritating. Interviewer rescheduled over 3x times. Interviewer was not very friendly. Did not care to ask about my name or discuss my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Flew down to New York for an in-person interview after a 45 minute phone screen. The ons-ite interview consisted of two technical, one manager, and one HR interview. Lasted about 4-5 hours total. People were very nice. Office is super nice.

Interview Questions

• If you were to receive an offer from Google as well as Bloomberg, what could we do to get you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Two technical interviews on my campus, and a behavioral and manager interview on-site. Technical interviews were heavily focused on data-structures. Behavioral and manager interviews were pretty relaxed and felt like conversations.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Dropped off resume at career fair, then applied online. Got on campus interview. Met for one round with two software engineers, who asked data structures and algorithms questions. Some of the questions were quite difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview with developers, manager and HR. The questions were mostly brainteasers, no financial knowledge were required. HR asked general behavioral questions and desired salary, starting date, etc. Was told that they contact me within 2 weeks, but haven't heard back for a while, so I followed up with the internal recruiter and he replied that they were not moving forward with me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1. online screening test, primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
    2. phone interview, brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3. onsite interview, 3 session in one afternoon. first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3rd session onsite is HR

Interview Questions

• online screening test is primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
      phone interview and the first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
      3rd session onsite is HR   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started the interview with greetings, asking about my PhD research, problems I am working on, and the technology and programming language I use in my research. Then she directly jumped into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph, check whether the graph is a tree or not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

An hour long interview process with 2 interviewers. It started off with them asking questions about my resume and then two technical questions. Both interviewers were very nice and gave many hints in solving the problem. Overall a positive experience, and interviewers made the process enjoyable as they helped me solve the problem.