Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview with developers, manager and HR. The questions were mostly brainteasers, no financial knowledge were required. HR asked general behavioral questions and desired salary, starting date, etc. Was told that they contact me within 2 weeks, but haven't heard back for a while, so I followed up with the internal recruiter and he replied that they were not moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then got flown out to their office in New York where I had 2 on-site interviews. The phone interview was on HackerRank where I was asked a question about LinkedLists. The one site interview involved writing code on paper involving mostly algorithms and answering some logic and math questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was easy but process was very irritating. Interviewer rescheduled over 3x times. Interviewer was not very friendly. Did not care to ask about my name or discuss my resume.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

really smooth—talked to recruiter at university career fair, got a phone interview (hackerrank) afterwards with two questions. got an onsite offer a few weeks later, they fly you out and pay for hotel etc. onsite involves two 2-on-1 technical interviews with engineers. mine switched off asking questions, we probably got through 2-3 questions each time. then was a shorter interview with a group manager, who gave a more open ended design question, then a brief "why Bloomberg" type thing with HR.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Came to career fair, asked some data structure questions. Got an interview offer the next week. Interview was an hour long, and there were 3 rounds in the same day, and they'd ask you to come back in a couple hours if they liked you

Interview Questions

• Find a thing in a linkedList. Then find thing in a Linked List that has multiple nodes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was intimidating and challenging. I enjoyed meeting with the recruiters and they asked numerous challenging questions. I appreciated the chance to interview for them. It was a technical interview. With several rounds of technical questions. They followed up by asking if I had any questions and concluded with a time a date I should look forward to hearing from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Two technical interviews on my campus, and a behavioral and manager interview on-site. Technical interviews were heavily focused on data-structures. Behavioral and manager interviews were pretty relaxed and felt like conversations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviews were held in the university after Career Fair. There was one round of technical interview per day, for 3 days (they were eliminating candidates each day)
    They asked simple coding question (Cracking the coding interview book would be helpful)

Interview Questions

• Explain the projects on your resume, Some questions on tree traversal   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2015.

Interview

I gave the Bloomberg associate my resume at a career fair and got an interview offer. However, the person they sent to do the interview not only was late for the call by 15 minutes, but had an obnoxiously thick Indian accent to the point where I could not understand entire sentences.. I had to repeatedly ask for clarification on what was said.

Interview Questions

• You are given a linked list that originally had numbers 1-100. One number is missing. How do you find the missing number?   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone interview after applying online. They asked pretty easy questions and I messed up a few of the later questions. Introductory algorithms experience is probably sufficient to do well. Interviewer seemed knowledgeable and fair. Didn't touch too much on anything other than programming experience and skills. The interviewer gave time to ask questions at the end about Bloomberg.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straighforward streaming algorithm questions in Java.   1 Answer