Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

321 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The process was smooth. More than 50 candidates were called for onsite interview. Four onsite interviews were kind of elimination round. One has to give a good interview to get into next round. The interview questions were not typical but interesting problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

1 phone round - 1hour, asked me to code in HackerRank.
    Onsite 4 rounds - 2 technical followed by one with a manager and one with a hr. If you perform well in first 2 rounds,you go to further rounds.Else,you're out.
    Overall they look for smart candidates with not so much focus on perfect coding skills,which is good I guess.

Interview Questions

• Web browser history implementation without duplicates,a couple of c++ questions and some standard algorithm and data structure questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

They contacted me after I applied online about a technical interview. It took about 45 minutes and I had to code online while I was on the phone with the interviewer.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out to me about a phone screen. The phone screen involved a Hackerrank coding tool and the interviewer pasted code onto the editor window. After passing the phone screen, they flew me out to their headquarters in NYC for an on-site interview. For the on-site interview, I was asked to write code on a piece of paper. I believe there are three back-to-back technical interviews and then an interview with HR to indicate that you passed. If you fail any one of the interviews, you are issued out of the building. Bloomberg paid for my flight as well as a one night stay in a hotel.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function to raise a number to an exponent using your language of choice.   2 Answers
    • Given a binary tree, find the maximum difference in depth between the nodes in the tree.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I have applied online to Bloomberg L.P. Later I got an email Scheduling my Telephonic Interview.
    Total, One Telephonic Round and after that I was called for In house interview where I attended , two in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Round was basically regarding my college projects, I was asked implement the logic on the project.
      In house interview, First round, 1) output of a/b in string format, incase it has recursion output that part between ( ). 2) First largest and second largest number in a series.
      Second Round 1) Logic to implement the feature Frequently used websites on a browser.
      2) How to find a cycle in a linked list and why use fast pointer that goes twice as fast as the slow one and not thrice it speed or four times its speed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I got the interview from a on-campus career fair. The first day was pretty easy. The interviewer started off asking me about what I knew about the company, what I would do in the company if I got a job offer. Then, he asked me a simple but required logic thinking + correct implementation on the spot problem that I have never seen. At the end of the interview, he set me up to the 2nd interview which was the day right after it. The second interviewer asked me the same behavioral questions, and he gave me a problem about hash table, another problem about linked list. I got a rejection a week after that.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

One technical screen followed by another nontechnical round with a manger. The first screen was your typical big company coding interview. The second round was about why I applied to Bloomberg and to see what my interests were.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bloomberg over other companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer so I didn't negotiate.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2010.

Interview

First round asked for resume related stuff line by line and raised more question based on your answers. You have to be really familar with stuff you put on the resume. Second round is C++ technical questions. They asked extremely detailed specification of the language. You therefore have to be well prepared in C++ knowledge.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Company came to school career fair. Was contacted a few weeks after and was called for an on-campus interview. After the first interview, I was invited for another on-campus interview the next day (they flew from NY). Then I was flown to interview at HQ in NY and quickly thereafter got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Was expected to code and debug on a laptop.   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a whim and got an e-mail response a few weeks later to set up a phone/technical interview. They hold technical interviews online through HackerRank. The interview began with three or four standard interview questions (questions about my resume, why Bloomberg, etc) which took about 5-minutes. The rest of the 45-minutes was all technical / algorithm stuff through HackerRank (see included questions). I struggled with the first (never really got anywhere) and then he told me to move on to the next one. Came up with an okay solution to the second one, O(n*log(n)), but he kept asking me if I could do it better. Ended up telling me a solution and then asking me to implement it (super simple).

Overall, I felt like I was being grilled the whole time and it seemed like he didn't care about what I was saying unless it was me getting the questions exactly right. I know I didn't do so great on the interview. Got an e-mail a few days later saying they weren't interested in moving forward.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implement a queue using stacks
      2. Search through an array of integers and find pairs that add to a target   2 Answers