Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took few weeks, a HR contact me, the engineer contacted me and then few easy question. Answered all questions correctly under the guidance of the engineer. But during the interview i cannot here some sentence clearly.

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ pointer manipulation questions.
    Easy algorithm questions.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Had one interview with two reps from Bloomberg. Had one problem to solve and answer general questions on garbage collection, heap, stack, references in C++. Also some specific to C++ and Java questions on final, virtual etc keywords, i.e. what they do and what is their purpose.

Interview Questions

• Implement an algorithm that checks if a sequence of brackets is valid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started the interview with greetings, asking about my PhD research, problems I am working on, and the technology and programming language I use in my research. Then she directly jumped into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph, check whether the graph is a tree or not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Technical telephone interview - My preferred language was Java so I was asked about object oriented design, garbage collection and some language constructs. Really easy stuff. Then we moved onto coding on Hackerrank, where the interviewer asked me to write a program to print out pairs of numbers from an array that added up to a target value.

In-Person interview at Bloomberg offices(London)- the day began with a casual breakfast with some of the engineers where you're given an opportunity to chat informally and get to know them a little. After that you go to a room with a computer for the technical interview. There will be two engineers and you will be asked to solve a coding problem, mine was to perform a deep copy of a singly-linked list that had random jumps. The other task was to find a bug in a section of code. Nothing too daunting.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to print out pairs of numbers from an input array that add up to a certain target value. Analyse its running time, suggest improvements if it is more than O(n)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

First step is an 1 hour interview over the phone + hackerrank. The interviewer was extremely polite and seemed very interested in my working experience. He provided a lot of hints when I got stuck. The questions were C++ related (basic knowledge) and basic algorithm knowledge, but I failed because I wasn't prepared.

Interview Questions

• Spot the errors in a C++ program. Basic stuff: constant function trying to change class members, static function trying to change a non-static data member, object slicing, virtual method called in constructor.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process was a bit lengthy, it took about 3 months since they first contacted me until I got the offer but the communication with the HR and the interviews went smoothly.
    I first had an on campus interview and then they invited me to some on site interviews in London where they covered all travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Problems related to basic data structures and some basic algorithms such as sorting, binary search etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

An hour long interview process with 2 interviewers. It started off with them asking questions about my resume and then two technical questions. Both interviewers were very nice and gave many hints in solving the problem. Overall a positive experience, and interviewers made the process enjoyable as they helped me solve the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online; first had an online test, then a phone interview and finally an on-site interview with HR and three software developers. Asked common technical questions for software developers. Interview was not too difficult and they often help you with the answer. People were very nice and the office in NY is very impressive.

Interview Questions

• There is a row of stones leading across a river; you can either step to the next stone or skip that one; how many possible sequences are there to get across the river with n stones   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then got flown out to their office in New York where I had 2 on-site interviews. The phone interview was on HackerRank where I was asked a question about LinkedLists. The one site interview involved writing code on paper involving mostly algorithms and answering some logic and math questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Flew down to New York for an in-person interview after a 45 minute phone screen. The ons-ite interview consisted of two technical, one manager, and one HR interview. Lasted about 4-5 hours total. People were very nice. Office is super nice.

Interview Questions

• If you were to receive an offer from Google as well as Bloomberg, what could we do to get you?   Answer Question