Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.2

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Dropped off resume at career fair, then applied online. Got on campus interview. Met for one round with two software engineers, who asked data structures and algorithms questions. Some of the questions were quite difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Two technical interviews on my campus, and a behavioral and manager interview on-site. Technical interviews were heavily focused on data-structures. Behavioral and manager interviews were pretty relaxed and felt like conversations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview with developers, manager and HR. The questions were mostly brainteasers, no financial knowledge were required. HR asked general behavioral questions and desired salary, starting date, etc. Was told that they contact me within 2 weeks, but haven't heard back for a while, so I followed up with the internal recruiter and he replied that they were not moving forward with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was easy but process was very irritating. Interviewer rescheduled over 3x times. Interviewer was not very friendly. Did not care to ask about my name or discuss my resume.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

really smooth—talked to recruiter at university career fair, got a phone interview (hackerrank) afterwards with two questions. got an onsite offer a few weeks later, they fly you out and pay for hotel etc. onsite involves two 2-on-1 technical interviews with engineers. mine switched off asking questions, we probably got through 2-3 questions each time. then was a shorter interview with a group manager, who gave a more open ended design question, then a brief "why Bloomberg" type thing with HR.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for internship in London, got an e-mail a week later to schedule a phone interview for the following week. Interview was on HackerRank using CodePair (live-coding). Extremely nice and supportive interviewer. Honestly it was great fun. Questions about C++ -- you should be very familiar with C++ and know its nitty-gritty ins-and-outs of which there are many. Just as important are fundamental algorithmic skills and data-structures, as well as analytical thinking (know your big-Oh!). Process is quick and professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions about C++ inheritance. Gave me some code with a base and derived class with some mistakes that I had to find, like a non-declared and thus non-virtual destructor.   1 Answer
    • Second question was the two-sum problem. Had seen it before.   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Meet junior developers first, then senior developer and then finally HR. Straight to the point, no waste of time. A lot of detailed programming questions and also some brain teasers. Behavioral questions from HR as well.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions and brain teasers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

over the phone, coding on my computer that was being monitored by my interviewer remotely. did the entire call from my college dorm room. The person on the phone had a thick accent so it was difficult to understand the questions he was asking. the interview tends to be about 5 to 6 coding questions and lasts a full hour.

Interview Questions

• given an integer (say 1234), write a function to reverse that number as an integer (ie 4321)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

On campus interview. Submitted resume on college website. Got called for interviews in the campus. Had 3 levels of interviews max out of which 1 was HR. Very basic entry level questions for college graduates. Easy to get through if you have prior experience with C/C++ coding.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Came to career fair, asked some data structure questions. Got an interview offer the next week. Interview was an hour long, and there were 3 rounds in the same day, and they'd ask you to come back in a couple hours if they liked you

Interview Questions

• Find a thing in a linkedList. Then find thing in a Linked List that has multiple nodes.   1 Answer