Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

321 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

1 phone screen and 1 on-site. At on-site, I had two interviews and was asked to leave after the second interview. It was a fairly standard technical interview, but I feel my answers in the on-site interview took me a little longer than it should have.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers, all from 1 to n, except for 2 which are marked as "0", find the 2 values that are missing.
    For example, for n = 5: arr = [1,5,0,0,3] => the two missing values are 2 and 4.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got through the phone interview and went to an in-house interview. First round was with two interviewers, two questions: one designing a hash function and the other writing a function to determine if the input is a palindrome. Then the second round only one interviewer came in, and at that moment I knew that I didn't get the position, because normally there are two interviewers. Second round ended quick like in 30 minutes and the interviewer let me out saying HR will contact in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Designing a hash function.
      Determining if the input is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1. online screening test, primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
    2. phone interview, brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3. onsite interview, 3 session in one afternoon. first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
    3rd session onsite is HR

Interview Questions

• online screening test is primarily brainteaser on logic thinking, observation and memorization
      phone interview and the first 2 onsite sessions are brainteasers and coding/programming language questions
      3rd session onsite is HR   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Interview

The interviewer seemed a pretty chilled out guy. He started with basic stuff and never entered the zone of difficult problems. First question was writing a method for detecting if a string is a palindrome. The second question was printing a linked list in reverse. Third was reversing the linked list. Language was no barrier and I could use the language of my choice. He only allowed me to code after he was convinced by my approach

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult questions   1 Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was a phone screen. It started with introduction and questions over resume and projects undertaken followed by asking choice of language. On a shared editor, I was asked to write a function for itoa(). It ended with questions about Bloomberg and why bloomberg?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Got a call to come to an interview for technical skills and learn about what Bloomberg software engineering has to offer me. This all started from putting my name in their pool at an on-campus career fair. The interview itself was very friendly and they helped me through problems and I enjoyed the interview proccess, unfortunately I did not do as well as I would have liked because it was my first coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 99 numbers 1-100 find the missing number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

They contacted me after I applied online about a technical interview. It took about 45 minutes and I had to code online while I was on the phone with the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The process was smooth. More than 50 candidates were called for onsite interview. Four onsite interviews were kind of elimination round. One has to give a good interview to get into next round. The interview questions were not typical but interesting problems.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Company came to school career fair. Was contacted a few weeks after and was called for an on-campus interview. After the first interview, I was invited for another on-campus interview the next day (they flew from NY). Then I was flown to interview at HQ in NY and quickly thereafter got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Was expected to code and debug on a laptop.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Some basic buddy coding on one of the many sites with an engineer, then some basic personal questions, in-person interview follows that. The process itself is straightforward and standard, but that's about the only bonus to this thing.

I ended up dropping out right after the initial buddy coding over the phone. The guy clearly didn't want to do it. He sounded like he wanted to die over the phone, and when he'd ask questions, he'd constantly interrupt my thoughts by huffing and puffing and letting out long, drawn out sighs into the phone receiver while I was trying to work. The questions weren't even hard, but when you're already nervous, having someone sound like he's letting out dramatic groans of death on the phone really doesn't help you think. If working at the company is anything like this interview, I'm not interested at all.