Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.2

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview

I went to the Bloomberg table at the campus career fair. They asked me a simple programming question, which I correctly answered. After that they had me schedule an on-campus interview for the next week. The interview was 2 rounds, separated over two days. The first round was more technical, I was interviewed by two software developers who asked me questions about my programming background before getting into the technical questions. The next day I talked to a single person, where they asked me one technical question and a lot of basic questions, such as why do you want to work at Bloomberg? etc. Overall, the experience was good, although the interview area seemed to be a bit out of order and hectic.

Interview Questions

• Give an algorithm that will calculate and print out all possible combinations of quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies in order to get a dollar.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Had four on-campus interviews following a career fair--three technical and one with an HR guy. I was allowed to use any language. There were six questions. Two were about implementing some common function, such as a String class constructor. One required partitioning a list around a given element. One required merging two schedules that might overlap in some parts into one schedule. The last two are described below.

Interview Questions

• You're given a binary tree--not necessarily complete or proper--and you need to give each node a "friend" pointer that points to the node to its right in the tree. This node is on the same level but is not necessarily a sibling, which makes the problem a little tricky. The friend pointer of the node farthest to the right on each level should be null.   3 Answers
    • You're given two arrays of the same size filled with positive integers, and an integer 0 <= N <= 255. You need to determine whether N can be written as the sum of some number from the first array and some number from the second array.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Stanford, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Met at a campus career fair, scheduled for technical interview the next day. Was flown to New York for two more technical interviews (I was actually exempted from these, but others had them) and HR and senior manager interviews; offered the job within a couple days of interviews. Interview process was smooth and communication was excellent; free trip to NYC didn't hurt either. HR at Bloomberg is brilliant and runs well; love the people there.

Interview Questions

• Given a directional graph, where each node contains a letter, and a lexicon, find all words in the lexicon that appear in the graph.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was a freshman, so didn't negotiate. Pay was more than generous, and more than Google, Facebook, etc. were paying any of my classmates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online; first had an online test, then a phone interview and finally an on-site interview with HR and three software developers. Asked common technical questions for software developers. Interview was not too difficult and they often help you with the answer. People were very nice and the office in NY is very impressive.

Interview Questions

• There is a row of stones leading across a river; you can either step to the next stone or skip that one; how many possible sequences are there to get across the river with n stones   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer started the interview with greetings, asking about my PhD research, problems I am working on, and the technology and programming language I use in my research. Then she directly jumped into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph, check whether the graph is a tree or not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

An hour long interview process with 2 interviewers. It started off with them asking questions about my resume and then two technical questions. Both interviewers were very nice and gave many hints in solving the problem. Overall a positive experience, and interviewers made the process enjoyable as they helped me solve the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then got flown out to their office in New York where I had 2 on-site interviews. The phone interview was on HackerRank where I was asked a question about LinkedLists. The one site interview involved writing code on paper involving mostly algorithms and answering some logic and math questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Flew down to New York for an in-person interview after a 45 minute phone screen. The ons-ite interview consisted of two technical, one manager, and one HR interview. Lasted about 4-5 hours total. People were very nice. Office is super nice.

Interview Questions

• If you were to receive an offer from Google as well as Bloomberg, what could we do to get you?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Dropped off resume at career fair, then applied online. Got on campus interview. Met for one round with two software engineers, who asked data structures and algorithms questions. Some of the questions were quite difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Two technical interviews on my campus, and a behavioral and manager interview on-site. Technical interviews were heavily focused on data-structures. Behavioral and manager interviews were pretty relaxed and felt like conversations.