Bloomberg L.P. Front End Web Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2010

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 6.4K interviews

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Positive50%
Negative50%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in Feb 2010

Interview

I had submitted a resume and cover letter to Bloomberg. Someone from HR emailed me and scheduled a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked about my work experience and what recent projects I've worked on. After that I got an email invitation to a 1:1 interview the following week. I met with a developer there who tested me on my JavaScript, CSS and HTML knowledge. It was a lot like a school exam, so get familiar with all the technical terminology of your scripting language. You'll also need to be able to output solutions to coding problems within minutes in front of the interviewer, which can be a nerve-wracking experience. They're sitting there waiting impatiently while you wrack your brains for the answer (ugh). These interview tests can be approached like a timed SAT test. Proper preparation beforehand is crucial.

Interview Questions
  • What is a JavaScript callback function?
    5 Answers
  • Given a DIV box of x width and y height in a browser how do you position four smaller images in each corner of the box?
1 person found this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in Jan 2010

Interview

I applied for an experienced position online, and got a call form Bloomberg. I had a phone interview where he asked general questions and sample work i have done. I was invited onsite to SFO for a position in New York. They did not give any travel reimbursement. There they asked general questions about HTTP, and DNS. No questions on front end. there was a presentation. Then they asked me to write an online test in C++. which had 90% of STLs. I got a reject after 2 days.

Interview Questions
  • What happens when you click on the URL.
1 person found this interview helpful