Bloomberg L.P. Global Customer Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Global Customer Support Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Application is a simple resume submitted online and an answer to a question regarding customer support. Was first contacted by someone in HR securing an interview. The next stage is a phone interview with a manager in the Customer Support Department. Finally is an in-person interview with two managers. The questions are very centered upon customer support, how you would handle specific situations with irate customers, why customer support is important. The Team is trying to evaluate whether you are able to communicate with clients in a "human" way, while being extremely effective and efficient and problem solving on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure metrics for success in Customer Support?
    What's the difference between good Customer Support and excellent Customer Support?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was possible with HR but I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Application

Interview

phone interview followed by in house interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is either you take it or leave it.

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I interned there and got an interview towards the end of that process a few years ago. I had 2 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. I think this is just a screening to make sure that you aren't a totally clueless person and are enthusiastic about the company. That evening I was scheduled for an in house interview for the following week. Their office is great. Very modern, beautiful set up, lots of energy. I was interviewed by a manager and global customer support team leader. I looked over this website before going in and thankfully they asked exact questions that people had listed. ie- why bloomberg? what are your strengths/weaknesses? what is the difference between good customer service & great customer service...

Things went well and I got an email that evening that I will be interviewed by the head director a few days later via phone call since she was located in London. Well, I guess things didn't go so well with her because a week later I got a rejection email! Ohhhh the joys of job hunting! But just staying 100% enthusiastic and pro excellent customer service is key!! good luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Process started off well enough. Got contacted for a phone interview, which consisted of many of the same questions listed on this site. Both interviewers were friendly, engaging, and seemed very knowledgable. Thought interview went well and was invited in via email for an in house interview the following week. Met with a current GCUS rep and shadowed him for about 20 min before the interview. Interviewers asked the same questions as the phone interview, yet interviewers were very unprofessional. As mentioned by an earlier review, both seemed like they didn't want to be there. They were playing on their phones, checking time, and constantly looking out the window. Any questions asked to them consisted of one or two word answers. Following interview, both got up without thanking me to come in and left quickly. Emailed HR the following week with no response. Called in and HR said no decision made. Repeated process the following week, and found out I wasn't selected, not surprising. Received validation of this the next day in a rejection email. Process started very well and ended on a sour note due to two young, unprofessional interviewers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the Human Resources department and set up a time for a phone interview within the week. Asked basic background questions and why I was interested in the job. A few days later was contacted again by HR via email to schedule an in-person interview. Went, shadowed for half an hour, then met with 2 higher ups. They asked similar standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a situation you were put in where things changed. How did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Had a very nice experience with Bloomberg, the process was extremely well organized and efficient.

Started with a 30 minute phone interview consisting of general questions such as "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "what qualities do you think are important to customer service?" Was then asked to come into the office for a 2:1 interview which consisted of many of the same questions and a 15 minute shadowing session with someone already in the customer support position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

i was first contacted by email regarding a telephone interview, the next day i was interviewd by a team leader , a few days later i was invited by email to an inperson interview..
    upon arrival i checked in . i was told to go upstairs where i waited to be called. they sent a customer support rep to meet me and take me upstairs. i sat with her and listened to a few calls, saw how the computer system works. After about 10 mins a team leader came to get me and we went to a conference room where i was interviewed by the team lead and a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday and received a request for a phone interview on Wednesday, the interview took place on Friday. I spoke to two team members, one who had been in the Global Customer Support department for a year and worked in training and one who worked in the shadowing program. They were both friendly, engaging, and adept at the screening process. They asked questions concerning my background, strengths/weaknesses, interest in the position, and knowledge of Bloomberg and customer service. While I felt our conversation went well, I received an email from HR later in the day informing me that I was not the best person for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you pursuing a career in customer service?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what are three key aspects of providing good customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an irate caller?   Answer Question
    • What kind of management style do you prefer? What is the kind of work environment in which you work best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

First it was a recruitment agency thru Workforce One, where they evaluated your reading, typing speed and customer service skills. Once that was passed then they set up an interview with Bloomberg LP. There was two one to one interviews with two different people from the dept you are applying for and another dept.

Negotiation

There was no negotiating your salary since you first began as a temp to perm hire. Since Global Customer Support was an entry level position the flat initial rate was $35,000.....