Find jobs for Global Data Analyst

Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Positive62%
2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 261 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (United States)

Interview

Hr interview, asking about your background and motivation for the position. No technical questions in the HR interview. Assessment can be expected after the phone interview with HR. The interviewer is nice and helpful

Interview Questions
  • Motivations and background. How you obtain your background knowledge? Why Bloomberg?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Australia)

Interview

I applied online, then after submitted the application, I received an email contains the online test. It was just some typical online test questions, logical tests etc. No need to prepare in advance. If you passed, you will receive a video interview.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (United Kingdom)

Interview

First round was questions on plum. Second was video interview. I was then invited to a global data assessment day. This began with a multiple choice test, followed by a debate about elf driving cars (one team for and one against). Then we had a task where we had to optimise a process infront of 2 recruiters

Interview Questions
  • How would you improve this business process to make the data cleaning more efficient?
Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ)

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn (Summer/Fall 2020). Got an email to do a HireView type interview, so 4 prompts with 1 min recorded responses. Questions include: why Bloomberg, what interests you about finance, tell me a time you worked on a team, etc. Then a couple weeks later or so I got offered the Superday. Virtual Superday, there were around 5-10 applicants together in the video chat with 4 sections: (1) an introduction into Bloomberg with senior members and then they brought on 2 current analysts to answer questions. (2) technical test which tested your knowledge of SQL, basic statistics, and Python so just go over some basics and brush up on that. (Bloomberg hires from many backgrounds so don’t worry too much about this, if you know this isn’t your strength, try to showcase your other strengths through the other sections) (3) 2 on 1 interview with 1 person taking notes and the other doing the talking, the task was to re-engineer a process. There is not really a great way to prepare for this per se, but I just googled re-engineering a process. My advice is to take time at the beginning to look at the document they give. My strategy was just talk out loud my thought process. I also did a bunch of consulting interview prep which was helpful to practice structure so those could help you. (4) Lastly, was a 1 on 1 interview with a team lead, again more behavioral questions. Remember STAR format! (Situation, Task, Action, Result) Final round: a few days later (<5 days) they invited me for the final round which consisted of a 2 on 1 interview with 2 more team leads, again behavioral based like the final round of the Superday. And then a week later they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What does the following code produce? Why Bloomberg? Why are you interested in Finance? What do you look for when you invest in a company? (I interviewed for the equities team)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (United States)

Interview

They made me read an article about finance in Japanese. I had to describe how I used Python in my personal project. There were also some generic behavioral questions (i.e. talk about a time you had a teammate that didn't cooperate). This was all in the early rounds of the recruiting process. I didn't make it to the later rounds.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong
Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong)

Interview

I was asked to fill a plum test and hand in my resume. after waiting around 3 days I receive a rejection letter and I can not even pass the first stage.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Brighton, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

It was a very precise, good connection. Also, I am confident of securing the job. I look forward to the other processes of the interview. I hope to contribute positively to the company.

Interview Questions
  • how I used technology to help a process?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong) in Aug 2020

Interview

I got the opportunity on a career fair. The interviewer told me they will contact me whatever I pass the interview of not. But it has been more than 2 months. No email, and no response of my follow up email. A little disappointed.

Interview Questions
  • What quantitative project related to bond market you have ever participated?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Japan
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Japan)

Interview

Process took 2 weeks, information session then document screening. Video interview after the screening. The interview lasted about 30 mins. They asked some general questions. The process was smooth and the HR were friendly.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2020

Interview

Very straight forward process. Personality test, multiple-choice questions. They also had many questions regarding what shape comes next in the patterns. Some questions were situation based and ranking them based on what you would personally do in that situation.

Interview Questions
  • Pick which situation is what you would most likely do?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 261