Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Many rounds to this position. The first round that no one talks about actually getting your resume selected. So if you're reading this then you probably did, so congrats on that.

Now for the second round, what they had me do was video record responses to some questions (What are our products, when you made a process efficient, what coding languages you know) I think there were three or four so definitely have answers ready for those questions. Research Bloomberg's products (its actually listed on their site, very easy to do). Kinda weird though talking to the camera and stuff but they expect you to be a little nervous so don't be too timid.

After I did that round, I waited and waited for a response --anything. It wasn't until a MONTH later they contacted me to schedule a video conference with 2 team leaders. I was pleasant surprised as I thought I was dead in the water so if you don't be surprised if you don't hear back for weeks. Anyway, this round was tricky for me because the way the recruiter worded her email, it seemed it would be a question about fit and behavioural based scenarios. I was wrong. It was 90% technical, going over my projects and resume (not hard but I was thrown off a bit). Anyway, know your resume inside out can't stress that enough. I did pretty poorly in this section so I really think this is as far as I go in the process.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the format of the first screen (video or phone) you could get a different set of questions. If its video-recorded then the questions I provided above will suffice. If its phone it'll be questions about why Bloomberg, why this particular role, blah blah so have a value prop ready to go.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

First was a video interview that was pretty straight forward - why you want the job, a project you were proud of, etc. Some curveball questions were how would you explain the Bloomberg Terminal to someone with no financial knowledge. After the video interview screening, you're invited to a superday interview, which was a mashup of a group case study, casual conversations over food, a one on one interview, and two case studies on your own.

Interview Questions

• Given a process map, optimize the amount of time spent   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got first round phone interview and then a technical test, the next two rounds were video interviews with team leader and director. Bloomberg is very efficient to process the whole interview taking around 1 month for those four rounds and results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the Head of Global Data. Nice guy, very casual conversation. He was very upfront about how routine the position was, I think I made it pretty clear that I would not be interested in routine work.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The first interview was about 20min. The recruiter was very nice. Apart from be prepared to answer resume based questions, should know what people in global data do clearly.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Sent in resume and about a month and a half later I got a call to schedule a phone interview. I then had another phone interview. Both phone interviews surrounded questions about why Global Data, why Bloomberg, and your interest in Finance.

Interview Questions

• There really were no out of the blue questions to be honest. Just be prepared to talk about why you want the internship.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2016.

Interview

The process took more than a month when it could have been done in a much shorter time. The HR is a bit slow. The phone interview was not hard.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online at Bloomberg.com and receivied a phone interview offer a week later. After that pretty basic interview, I went to Bloomberg NYC to have a skype interview with London. Easy questions but I was more prepared for finance related stuff. They really emphasized the role in itself and what the type of field is. (Still waiting to hear for a third interview)

Interview Questions

• What is global data?
      Why Bloomberg?
      WHy Global Data?
      How do you read the markets?
      What is something youve read?
      Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Basic phone interview, walk through resume. In person interview, more technical about markets, but nothing too in depth. Found out a few days after. Interviewed with four different people, nothing too bad.

Interview Questions

• Why here instead of a previous employer? What makes you interested in Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was rather simple. One phone interview which then lead to an interview at the Princeton location. Initially applied through the college's career center and the process took about two weeks. The phone interview was very casual. The in-office interview involved interviewing with three different individuals, all of which holding different positions within the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked in both interviews were relatively simple, nothing to stress over. Mostly just asked questions regarding your resume. Important question: Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question