Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Global Data Analyst

Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Global Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I did a walk in interview at the Boston Career Forum. It was about 15-20 minutes. It was very informal and there weren’t any surprises. Two members of the company interviewed me, I think the first person was someone from a different department asking general questions and another person was from the department that worked with global data analysis.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting dataset you worked with? What significant results did you gain from there?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2017.

Interview

The first round is video interview. You can find the questions easily online and prepare for them. The second round is phone interview, the HR (from HK office) called me once but I missed the call. I called back immediately but no reply. I rescheduled the interview, but did not receive any phone call at the scheduled time. So I had to reschedule for a second time. The phone interview is not very difficult, but it is the first job interview I got. I spent so much time introduce myself, this left a bad impression to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Practice Question: Please give a brief introduction of yourself
      2. What is your understanding of the role and why are you interested in this particular opportunity? (2 chances)
      3. In Global Data we source data for the terminal, where do you think we source our data from?
      4. Give me an example of a project you've worked on which involved a large amount of data. What was the objective of the project and how did you execute on it?
      5. What programming languages are you experienced with? Explain what your process was for learning that language and what projects have you done using that language?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

A "video interview", followed by an on-campus interview at my college, followed by a "super day" which was a day where applicants who had gotten far enough in the process spent hours at a Bloomberg location going through various activities and another interview, followed by one last interview over Nexi (Bloomberg's version of Skype)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • What is your interest in Global Data?   Answer Question
    • Given a flow chart of the workflow process, can you think of ways to improve the process and make it more effective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in person interview where there were two in person interviews followed by more interviews with data analysis activities. This was followed by some tours and lunch along with some group activities with other interviewees and current employees,

Interview Questions

• Determine redundancies in a system.   1 Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2016.

Interview

The process took more than a month when it could have been done in a much shorter time. The HR is a bit slow. The phone interview was not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Many rounds to this position. The first round that no one talks about actually getting your resume selected. So if you're reading this then you probably did, so congrats on that.

Now for the second round, what they had me do was video record responses to some questions (What are our products, when you made a process efficient, what coding languages you know) I think there were three or four so definitely have answers ready for those questions. Research Bloomberg's products (its actually listed on their site, very easy to do). Kinda weird though talking to the camera and stuff but they expect you to be a little nervous so don't be too timid.

After I did that round, I waited and waited for a response --anything. It wasn't until a MONTH later they contacted me to schedule a video conference with 2 team leaders. I was pleasant surprised as I thought I was dead in the water so if you don't be surprised if you don't hear back for weeks. Anyway, this round was tricky for me because the way the recruiter worded her email, it seemed it would be a question about fit and behavioural based scenarios. I was wrong. It was 90% technical, going over my projects and resume (not hard but I was thrown off a bit). Anyway, know your resume inside out can't stress that enough. I did pretty poorly in this section so I really think this is as far as I go in the process.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the format of the first screen (video or phone) you could get a different set of questions. If its video-recorded then the questions I provided above will suffice. If its phone it'll be questions about why Bloomberg, why this particular role, blah blah so have a value prop ready to go.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

First was a video interview that was pretty straight forward - why you want the job, a project you were proud of, etc. Some curveball questions were how would you explain the Bloomberg Terminal to someone with no financial knowledge. After the video interview screening, you're invited to a superday interview, which was a mashup of a group case study, casual conversations over food, a one on one interview, and two case studies on your own.

Interview Questions

• Given a process map, optimize the amount of time spent   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got first round phone interview and then a technical test, the next two rounds were video interviews with team leader and director. Bloomberg is very efficient to process the whole interview taking around 1 month for those four rounds and results.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Took roughly two months between the first video interview, the analyst interview, super day and final interview. Easy process overall and doesn’t feel like traditional interview process. Stand out in the debate section and don’t mess up the logistics test or the process improvement section.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

pre-recorded interview, 30min video conference, super day, final round interview. The steps listed are in chronological order and the difficulty increased throughout the process in a linear fashion. Beautiful campus with accommodations for candidates traveling 50 miles or more. included breakfast and lunch during the super day which was the only part that was on campus

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a team in a professional setting   Answer Question