Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.8

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Internship interview

In-Person interview on campus followed by an on-site interview.

In person interview was very casual, no technical questions primarily behaviorial.
On-Site was highly technical, performing process improvement, analysis, and a debate between intern teams.

Interview Questions

• Gave us a news article and asked us to argue one side or the other over an issue raised in the article.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was on-campus and was a brief 10-minute discussion with a current employee. Very informal, talked about a typical analyst's day at Bloomberg. After hearing back around 3 days later, it was followed by an on-site interview which started out with an orientation for Bloomberg. The main interview was 3 30-minute conversations with current analysts. Again very informal and just talked about past internships/projects. Everyone was very friendly the entire way.

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with a current analyst, and followed by a super-day in the office. The overall process was pretty fast and it was an intriguing interview where the interviewers really wanted to get to know me as a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you about the current markets?
      Why finance?
      Walk me through your resume?
      What interests you?
      Tell me a time where you were challenged
      Tell me a time where you had to work in a group
      Explain your experience with data and technology   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions

• What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 more rounds after that.
    They mostly asked behavioral questions and what I know about the company.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Started with an on campus interview, followed by phone interview, and final round interview was on-site.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to intern for a bank on Wall St instead?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

First Round Phone interview

Interview Questions

• The typical questions such as tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 1 week. Apply online, got a phone interview two days later. I was expecting a lot more data analysis questions, but the interviewer did not ask any. No tough questions. Basically all behavioral questions. Also, you will be expected to answer if you have read any econ or finance related magazines such as the economist or wsj.

Global Data Interview

Interview

They ask why you're interested, who is your ideal boss. Work culture is flat gender-wise, professional and passionate about stocks and media.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is Bloomberg's competitor?   1 Answer