Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed on the phone. The interviewer was really arrogant and approached badly from the begginning. I couldn't even hear her because she was speaking in audio conference and was far from the phone. She was interrupting me continuosly

Interview Questions

• What is the role about? Why do you want to work for us? What are the biggest challanges of the role? What are the latest new in the bonds market? What is the procedure a company has to follow to issue a bond?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied the internship online, then received email form HR to appoint telephone interview. HR called phone right on time, and former part was Japanese, later part was English. The telephone interview was about 25 min long. Some questions were not difficult, but others were a little bit hard for non-financial background students.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self in Japanese?
      Why you interested in financial?
      Why Bloomberg?
      Why Bloomberg is special?
      What is recent financial news?
      Can you describe the job?
      Can you describe the atmosphere of Bloomberg?
      What is Bloomberg terminal?
      Do you know python?
      Do you want to be a leader or a follower?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions

• What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. I was contacted by a campus recruiter and I was schedule in for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the following questions:
    1) Why Bloomberg?
    2) Tell me about yourself?
    3) Who are Bloomberg's competitors and customers? What are some of Bloomberg's products?
    4) What do you know about the company?
    5) What are your career aspirations?

After a week, I was contacted by the same recruiter and scheduled for an on-site interview in Skillman, NJ. Initially, I was told that I would have two back to back interviewers with two managers in each interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was informed that the first two back to back interviews would determine whether I received a third interview with a higher-up manager. I was told by a previous employee that Bloomberg likes to throw curveballs at interviewees, so this didn't surprise me. All three interviews were mildly difficult. I was asked the following questions:
    1) Tell me about yourself?
    2) Why Bloomberg?
    3) What are your career aspirations? Short term and long term?
    4) Impact of housing market on bond and equity markets?
    5) What's the difference between a stock and a bond? Give me a definition for both?
    6) Give me an example of a derivative?
    7) What is the difference between futures and forward contracts?
    8) Tell me about some recent financial stories you have been following?
    9) Give me an example of a time you failed at something?
    10) How did you work with a team in your previous jobs?
    11) Why did you not receive offers from your previous internships?
    12) I was asked a number of questions about my background and previous job experience.
    13) What's going to set you apart from all the other candidates? (They really didn't want a generic answer on this one. Saying you're a hard-worker or a team-player was not going to cut it.)
    Overall, the interviewers were very clear about the type of person they were trying to recruit. They were very stern, but respectful. They definitely tried to intimidate me by giving no facial expressions on whether my answers were acceptable or not. I had a good experience and would recommend that if people are looking to work in a fast-paced environment with high intensity, Bloomberg is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Impact of housing market on bond and equity markets?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting salaries for entry-level global data analysts are non-negotiable. I tried anyway, but they did not budget on the number.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

First round: telephone interview
    Second round: one interview with two Bloomberg employees (one team leader) , 1 presentation and one test.
    Final round: interview with the head of the European department (for London office)

first round was very easy, competency based interview, all about yourself.
    Second round: they will ask you several times why you want to join Bloomberg and why Global data?

Final round is with the head of the EMEA department.

Global Data Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by email regarding an interview, one for each of the following weeks. They were pretty standard phone interviews, running through my resume and then asking me about myself and why I was interested in Bloomberg.

Anonymous Employee in New York Mls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York Mls, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

I applied the position about 1 month ago and they called me after about three weeks to give me a phone interview. The questions are quite typical, like why bloomberg, how much do u know about bloomberg, talked about your curent company, what is ur biggest success, etc. They called me back in the same day and offered me an onsite interview. Let's see...

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They replied a couple of days after submitting application, really fast. They asked for an initial phone interview, which aprox. 2 weeks to be scheluded. Interviewers were kind and direct on the process. Be sure to know what the Global Data team does, and how are you going to be the best fit and candidate. If you have some technical weakness, due to your background, be sure to prepare an answer on how to overcome it.

Interview Questions

• What skills have you developed that could be translated for this role?   Answer Question
    • What type of queries would we have as of today due to the recent events on the markets? (At that time was related to Brexit)   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

Series rounds of video interview, phone interview and assessment center. The video interview and phone interview asked very similar questions with a focus on previous experience listed on CV. The assessment center consists of an excel assessment and interview. The excel assessment is about dealing with several files of financial data and the interview mainly asked about behavioral questions. It looks like they are hiring someone who are good at excel and the role is about using excel. No technical questions are asked in the interview. I am not very good at using excel and I guess that's why I couldn't proceed to next stage.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly, it requires me to record video interview online. There are four questions.
    Then, it comes to a HR interview through phone. It isn't like a true interview, she just wanted to know about me. (Maybe because I have already done the video interview)
    Then, she arranged a team leader video interview for me.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self.
      Why bloomberg?
      How this job fit in with your academic goals?   Answer Question