Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. They replied a couple of days after submitting application, really fast. They asked for an initial phone interview, which aprox. 2 weeks to be scheluded. Interviewers were kind and direct on the process. Be sure to know what the Global Data team does, and how are you going to be the best fit and candidate. If you have some technical weakness, due to your background, be sure to prepare an answer on how to overcome it.

Interview Questions

• What skills have you developed that could be translated for this role?   Answer Question
  • What type of queries would we have as of today due to the recent events on the markets? (At that time was related to Brexit)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

Series rounds of video interview, phone interview and assessment center. The video interview and phone interview asked very similar questions with a focus on previous experience listed on CV. The assessment center consists of an excel assessment and interview. The excel assessment is about dealing with several files of financial data and the interview mainly asked about behavioral questions. It looks like they are hiring someone who are good at excel and the role is about using excel. No technical questions are asked in the interview. I am not very good at using excel and I guess that's why I couldn't proceed to next stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly, it requires me to record video interview online. There are four questions.
    Then, it comes to a HR interview through phone. It isn't like a true interview, she just wanted to know about me. (Maybe because I have already done the video interview)
    Then, she arranged a team leader video interview for me.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self.
      Why bloomberg?
      How this job fit in with your academic goals?

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed on the phone. The interviewer was really arrogant and approached badly from the begginning. I couldn't even hear her because she was speaking in audio conference and was far from the phone. She was interrupting me continuosly

Interview Questions

• What is the role about? Why do you want to work for us? What are the biggest challanges of the role? What are the latest new in the bonds market? What is the procedure a company has to follow to issue a bond?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

Video interview. About 7 questions, each with 1:30 to answer. All basic competency questions asking about myself or understanding about the work at Global Data division. Due to unknown reason, the video saving had trouble several times half way and I have to redo all questions. Questions are the same every time anyway. Got rejected several days later...

Interview Questions

• Could you describe how the Global Data gather the data?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. First sent my CV and was invited for a very brief 10-15 minutes interview on campus, where I had a conversation with two ladies from HR. A week later got an email inviting for a short telephone chat, where I was invited for an assessment centre in two weeks.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied the internship online, then received email form HR to appoint telephone interview. HR called phone right on time, and former part was Japanese, later part was English. The telephone interview was about 25 min long. Some questions were not difficult, but others were a little bit hard for non-financial background students.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self in Japanese?
      Why you interested in financial?
      Why Bloomberg?
      Why Bloomberg is special?
      What is recent financial news?
      Can you describe the job?
      Can you describe the atmosphere of Bloomberg?
      What is Bloomberg terminal?
      Do you know python?
      Do you want to be a leader or a follower?
      Do you have any questions?

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was on-campus and was a brief 10-minute discussion with a current employee. Very informal, talked about a typical analyst's day at Bloomberg. After hearing back around 3 days later, it was followed by an on-site interview which started out with an orientation for Bloomberg. The main interview was 3 30-minute conversations with current analysts. Again very informal and just talked about past internships/projects. Everyone was very friendly the entire way.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

There were four interviews. The first one was supposed to take place via phone and the next one to final one took place in Tokyo office. (your nearest office)
    I don't think it's hard to answer questions as long as you do reserach this company. What you should do is understand what makes this company differenciate other companies such as Reuters. One clear diference that you could say is that In 2013, Bloomberg Terminal’s 315,000 users accounted for 57 percent of the market. By comparison, Eikon had 190,000 users who accounted for 34 percent of the market, and FactSet, S&P Capital IQ and Morningstar Direct comprise the rest. A majority of Bloomberg Terminal users reside in America and Asia while most Eikon users are in Europe, Middle East and Africa.

Interview Questions

• What kind of people work well with you?
      Tell me about your background briefly.
      Why this department?
      Why Bloomberg?
      What do you want to be in the next five years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

it took a month for me to receive their confirmation for phone interview and another month to get the result. The interviewer spoke very fast so sometimes I couldn't hear her clearly.