Bloomberg L.P. Global Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Global Technical Support Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

It was a two-hour interview. I met with a first set of two mangers, went through my resume, and was given more detail about the company and the position. Then I was placed with an employee and shadowed for about 15 minutes. It was very interesting and the employee was very helpful in explaining different situations and what each component is for. I then interviewed with another set of three people, going over the same information as before and then shadowed with another employee afterwards. This employee was very helpful in even informing one of the techs that I would be listening in and gaining his permission for such use. He would then explain certain terms that was commonplace in GTEC but not familiar to myself. I then interviewed with three more people and even had a small, brief Japanese conversation to show my proficiency.

Advice I would give is to be as calm as possible. If you plan to show off any language ability, if you are not fluent, definitely brush up and try to speak as calmly as possible.

The interview went very well and the deciding process was only a few days. A very pleasant process!

Negotiation

I informed I would take a 40k minimum due to my experience and what not, I was able to secure 8k more.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with two members of the team. Very straight forward.
    How fast can I type.
    Can I multitask, "yes, they did ask these two questions."
    Why Bloomberg?
    Talk about some of my experiences.
    Shift possibilities.

What it boiled down to is that I wasn't their fit. Most likely over qualified, for the position and maybe intimidating.
    Nothing technical, nothing challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then office interview few weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview; approximately 15 minutes

Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?
    What is your current compensation at your current position?

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you foresee working as a technical support representative over the phone?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied for the position, and about a week or so later I received a request for a telephone interview. The telephone interview consisted of the usual questions.

What do you know about Bloomberg?

A few days after the telephone interview, I was contacted to arrange a in house interview. The in house interview was carried out by two young guys. They asked mostly basic questions and went through my resume. The key part was they asked you to carry out a typing speed test while answering technical questions. This kind of threw me off, as the test is using the bloomberg keyboard, which i had never used before. I know my typing speed is better than the result i achieved and also did not see the point of this.

I was promised that i would hear something the following week. I still haven't heard anything. I think they should at least bother to contact you to let you know you have been unsuccessful, considering the effort you have put in to attend.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online and was invited for skype interview. There were two skype interviews for total, and they were not difficult, as long as you sound confident about what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why this position?   Answer Question

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, mostly behavioral questions didn't take more than 20 minutes.

Global Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview then video conference. Process takes only a few days. Nothing is difficult. Just simple interview questions. It seems like they were testing my language skills

Interview Questions

• Most straightforward questions about bloomberg and how r u going to be a good team player, how would you be an excellent customer service and how would you describe some technical problems in human language?   Answer Question

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Interview

Found the job advert online. Quick interview with HR and set up an interview. Was interviewed by all the team leaders in technical support. Was tough since I just arrived from Israel. However, everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR offered me a salary.

Global Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2014.

Interview

Did a first round of interview with HR from London. It took 30 mins and had general questions on the internet like 'what do you know about Bloomberg or what do you expect from this role'. and did a first round of on-site interview with team leaders. Questions were the same on the internet as well but i was asked some technical questions such as networking knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions such as network protocol   2 Answers