Bloomberg L.P. Global Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Global Technical Support Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, mostly behavioral questions didn't take more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online and was invited for skype interview. There were two skype interviews for total, and they were not difficult, as long as you sound confident about what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then office interview few weeks later.

Application

Interview

I applied for the position, and about a week or so later I received a request for a telephone interview. The telephone interview consisted of the usual questions.

What do you know about Bloomberg?

A few days after the telephone interview, I was contacted to arrange a in house interview. The in house interview was carried out by two young guys. They asked mostly basic questions and went through my resume. The key part was they asked you to carry out a typing speed test while answering technical questions. This kind of threw me off, as the test is using the bloomberg keyboard, which i had never used before. I know my typing speed is better than the result i achieved and also did not see the point of this.

I was promised that i would hear something the following week. I still haven't heard anything. I think they should at least bother to contact you to let you know you have been unsuccessful, considering the effort you have put in to attend.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview; approximately 15 minutes

Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?
    What is your current compensation at your current position?

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you foresee working as a technical support representative over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with two members of the team. Very straight forward.
    How fast can I type.
    Can I multitask, "yes, they did ask these two questions."
    Why Bloomberg?
    Talk about some of my experiences.
    Shift possibilities.

What it boiled down to is that I wasn't their fit. Most likely over qualified, for the position and maybe intimidating.
    Nothing technical, nothing challenging.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

It was a two-hour interview. I met with a first set of two mangers, went through my resume, and was given more detail about the company and the position. Then I was placed with an employee and shadowed for about 15 minutes. It was very interesting and the employee was very helpful in explaining different situations and what each component is for. I then interviewed with another set of three people, going over the same information as before and then shadowed with another employee afterwards. This employee was very helpful in even informing one of the techs that I would be listening in and gaining his permission for such use. He would then explain certain terms that was commonplace in GTEC but not familiar to myself. I then interviewed with three more people and even had a small, brief Japanese conversation to show my proficiency.

Advice I would give is to be as calm as possible. If you plan to show off any language ability, if you are not fluent, definitely brush up and try to speak as calmly as possible.

The interview went very well and the deciding process was only a few days. A very pleasant process!

Negotiation

I informed I would take a 40k minimum due to my experience and what not, I was able to secure 8k more.

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

1st Interview -- Phone interview with HR (HR is super nice)
    This is mostly for screening out candidates with insufficient language ability

2nd Interview -- Individual Interview at HK office of Bloomberg, conducted by GTEC Team Leader in Asia (everyone is so nice, so it was conclusive to me whether I get a job or not)

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Why Bloomberg?
      What is your Strength and Weakness?
      Answer Question

Global Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephone in by hr, and then individual interview with 3 managers from Hk, Japan and Singapore. First two manager would ask some general questions. While the last one will test your technical knowledge and language ability.

Global Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Very global interview and clear cut interview procedures:
    HR phone interview
    First screening to the office
    Video conference interviews with all the APAC region leaders
    Provided job shadowing > also simulation test
    Final round interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• How do you define good customer service   1 Answer