Bloomberg L.P. Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

3.1

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had three total interviews, all very to the point and informational. The first was introductory, the second was more "why Bloomberg" and the last was to confirm the internship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

Had a more general on-site interview. Very casual just asking why Bloomberg, why financial journalism, what do you think will be the biggest story of the year. This followed by a skills test two weeks later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I first submitted my resume online and i also went to the career fair on campus. Most of my friends got a in person interview but i only got a phone interview. Since I am only a sophomore, the interviewer only asked basic stuff like linked list and stack. The interviewer was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• the first question is to write a factorial function, both iteratively and recursively. the second was to implement a linked list from scratch and then use that linked list to implement a stack. Then i was asked to reverse my linked list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was phone through Hackerrank: got a simple starting question (1 number missing from 1 - n, find that number), then 2 numbers missing, then a hard leetcode (not too difficult). Got through that, and then got invited to onsite. Typical onsite questions, two technical rounds (first was related to intersection of linked lists and a design question, second round was LRU cache + design question). I was moved on to a HR round (which presumably means that I passed technical rounds -- they kick you out after technical rounds if you don't pass apparently) and I thought the HR round went well. I had to leave early since I had my flight in an hour, but apparently there's a manager round right after. I thought I did well in my interview -- I answered the technical questions correctly for sure, so maybe there was room for improvement in my design question for round 2. Ended up getting a typical rejection email a week later, which kinda sucked since I got absolutely no feedback for what I could've improved on/what I could've done. I contacted my recruiter but I got no response, which seems cold. Any sort of help would've been nice; I understand that giving back feedback might put the company at risk but some sort of communication would've been better than a cold HR email with "No replies will be reached to the HR department." Sucks, wish the recruiter was much better. I had a good experience talking to the engineers during the on-site for sure, and the logistics were great. I just wish the feedback would've been better and the post-interview follow up was there.

Interview Questions

• 1 number missing from 1 - n, 2 numbers missing, hard leetcode (phone)
      LRU cache, intersection of linked lists, two design questions
      typical HR questions related to resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through college fair. Got an email later for an On Campus Interview and got a callback for a second round. Most of the questions were in C++/Java. They also wanted me to know everything about my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Number of ways to get from one corner of a grid to the opposite corner.
      Second round was a data structures question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

On-Campus Interview. Had attended the career fair where was asked for a simple algorithm question based on linked lists. From there, was called for on-campus interview where I was facing a panel of two. The questions asked were ok and I seemed to answer well but finally have not gone through.

Interview Questions

• Coding Questions on Hash Tables,Binary Tree traversals, String Reversal.,   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

It was pretty good. The interviewer was down to earth. Had a conversation about Chinese economy. I got a call a week later saying their beijing office needs people with communication/design background. So I talked about my vision and goals and things I can do and then got an offer this summer.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your background in design can contribute to the team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Multiple phone interviews followed by in person interview, phone interviews were general regarding previous experience, in person interview was more specific regarding my interest areas. Some questions on what I knew about the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about prior experience and projects I was currently working on   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Was pretty straightforward. Was asked a question to remove duplicate elements in an array. Phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Lasted for around 45 minutes and they expect to write efficient code with lower time complexity

Interview Questions

• Was asked a question to remove duplicate elements in an array   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I submitted the application online. The recruiter contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty short. After that, I got the notification to take the written test.

Interview Questions

• -Why bloomberg?
      -Why journalism?
      -What beats would you like to cover?   Answer Question