Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

5,581 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online for Senior Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence role through recommendation. The interview process was very smooth and professional and HR took good care of going through all the process. I had a screen call scheduled with two research engineers to evaluate my relevant skills and experience, suitability for the role, followed by an open systems design question and an online coding exercise (typical CS problems).
    Apart from a strong software engineering background, the role clearly requires significant experience in the AI-related fields and I unfortunately lacked some basics in machine learning -- it's a very complete and really interesting role. However, the interviewers very professional and trying to help. I did not get the offer, but I really appreciated the interview.

Interview Questions

• - Background and experience suitable for the role
      - Open systems design question (information storage and retrieval)
      - Typical CS online coding exercise   3 Answers

Interview

It's a pretty long process, from start to finish it took about 3 months. First step is the video interview. You answer about 5 questions and record your answers. The questions are pretty standard like why Bloomberg, what's Bloomberg's main product, describe a time you...Some of the other posts here list some of the questions. I would prepare for the questions because you only get one time to practice for each one. Then, they email you and set up a superday at their offices. They help pay for everything which was really nice. The superday has 3 components. 1) They split the candidates into two groups and everyone reads an article. You are given time to discuss the article with your group and each group has to argue yes or no based on the article. Then the candidates come together and have a 15 minute debate. The actual article doesn't matter, I think it was more about working together and coming up with a solution. 2) The second part is a 30-minute online quiz. The quiz just covers basic probability questions and some coding. If you've ever taken a stats class and know some coding, you're good. I just brushed up on basic SQL queries. 3) The last part is probably the hardest. It's a 15-minute interview discussing workflows. There's two interviewers (one is silent and just observing). The other is there to talk you through the workflow. Basically, you want to make the process as efficient as possible and I kind of just bounced off ideas and talked them through with my interviewer. I don't know if there's a wrong or right way to about this but you're supposed to explain and focus on the why of everything you say.
    After the superday, I heard back about a week later for a short interview with one of the teams. It was a standard behavioral interview (tell me about yourself, why Bloomberg, describe a time you..., etc). Then I had another interview about another week later with the manager of the team. Again, it was a 30-minute standard behavioral interview. The manager did ask me some slightly harder questions but it was mostly behavioral. A week later I got the offer.
    I'd say the interview process is definitely kind of long, but I think it was a good way to get to know the company. They really take the time to make sure candidates understand Bloomberg. At the superday, analysts had a lunch with the candidates and they were willing to answer whatever questions we had. The honesty was refreshing and everyone was super friendly. I would just be calm, practice basic behavioral questions, and take the time to research the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Describe a time you had to explain something technical. Describe a time when you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was just the first phone call with the recruiter, and she was very rude and pompous, but I will judge the company more after the second round. The recruiter showed how highly she thinks of herself and the prestige of the company and put me down before I even spoke.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

A recruiter interview then an hour and a half onsite interview. The onsite interview was pretty basic with a few situational question and being told about the company. A week after my onsite interview, I received an email saying they were not proceeding with my candidacy. After going through the whole process I thought they would at least have the decency to give me a phone call to let me know and not send me a generic email. This definitely put a sour taste in my mouth.

Front End Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed in NYC.
    Interviewers are very friendly.
    Three rounds in total. The first is front end coding using React JS, second and third are system design.
    Recruiters are considerate. Great experience.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Perhaps the only unprofessional interview experience I've had in my job search. Asked the guy how he was doing, how lockdown was treating him - responses were "good." "It's alright." Then he asked me about my background and interrupted me halfway talking through one of my projects to get on with the technical. Answered the technical with ease.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Personality test, multiple-choice questions. They also had many questions regarding what shape comes next in the patterns. Some questions were situation based and ranking them based on what you would personally do in that situation.

Interview Questions

Interview

Everyone was nice, happened during the pandemic so was virtual but there were no issues having a virtual interview, the overall experience was great. Recruiters and Interviewers seemed eager to help me out, there were no trick questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Short and five questions. It was interactive, with a few questions about your personality. They want to make sure that you know the data/analytical portion of the job. I thought it was a fair and good experience.

Interview Questions

• A challenge you overcame with data?   1 Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I made it to the super day but didn't get the offer in the end. Many more experienced candidates are competing against a quite junior role in the company. Some of them seems over qualified. However, the company overall has good work life balance than other companies.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied to BNEF department, first round analytical interview three weeks after submission and then superday with current analysts, two sessions of 1 hour each. Got offer five days after superday.