Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

2,849 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Products and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Was invited for Super Day interview, interview process was straightforward with two 30 minute interviews with Analytics and Sales leaders. The difficulty of the interviews are fairly average concerning your experience and your fit with Bloomberg. If successful you will be notified of another follow up phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• 1. Sell me something 2. If you had to work anywhere else, what company would it be, etc   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Saturday. I received an email on Monday to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Wednesday. The recruiter asked a lot of random questions. Duration 10 minutes.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Email exchange to schedule a telephonic round. I needed a laptop to code in hackerrank.
    There was a guy called Alex, who worked in MARS team. Explained me that it was not a quant or Maths related role.

Interview Questions

• Q1 - Opened an incomplete piece of code on Hackerrank. Some classes and functions were written incompletely - Shape, Square, Circle, Line.
      It involved concepts of virtual function, pointers, polymorphism, deleting an object when its scope ends, etc. Basic stuff.   1 Answer
    • Given a vector of integer elements. Remove the duplicates. Do not change the order of elements.   1 Answer

Global Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two weeks later I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview. I replied the same day and the same day I received a confirmation to do a telephone interview the next day. Once I had the phone interview, I received another email the next day inviting me to a face-to-face interview in one of their Manhattan offices. The interview lasted one hour and a half. I was first interviewed by two team leaders for 30 minutes, and the I shadowed for another 30 minutes and finally, I interviewed again for another 30 minutes with two other team leaders. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between good customer service and excellent customer service.?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Overland Park, KS) in July 2017.

Interview

applied online, several days later HR department contacted me and wanted to have an interview with me. It was an online interview, roughly around 20 minutes and I had three days to complete.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to apply for this job?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via recruiter.
    Two hackerrank codepair rounds, and called for in person. It was scheduled for 2 hours, but extended to whole day. they bought nice lunch in a restuarant, but got grilled during lunch
    Questions were mixed between Java and C++. Pretty much all interviewers did that, except one.

Interview Questions

• 1) Graph traversal : find all the path from one node to another
      2) How do you find which way heap and stack are growing
      3) Design question about aggregated service
      4) Class hierarchy of a microwave
      5) HR questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied on their website. Within a week I was contacted and scheduled for a phone call with a recruiter. No call was made. Contacted them to reschedule, was given an available time slot. Confirmed the time and was told it's not an available slot. After pointing out it's a time they gave me, they magically reopened it. Got a call from recruiter and we spoke about the role and I was told there's a perfect spot for me. A week of radio silence I inquired about any interviews, and I was told I was emailed a rejection email. I checked my junk mail, trash, nothing. When I inquired for a copy of the email I was told their "system was stuck" and they apologized. They called to confirm that they don't want to move forward anymore.

Interview Questions

• None. They are so disorganized that they can't keep track of time slots they suggested themselves an hour earlier.   1 Answer

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Discriminated against me because of my North African background, an utterly disgusting Hr practice and an utterly disgusting occurrence of rampant nepotism. Don't say you're hiring diverse and qualified candidates when people like us get rejection.

Global Data-Market Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a few days, I received the email to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter called 15 minutes later than the scheduled time. The recruiter sounds very friendly over the phone, generally was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg?
      What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A recruiter got in touch with me shortly after online application (around 2 weeks). First step scheduled for the following week, technical interview on HackerRankX. The interviewer was very nice and (seemed) happy with my solutions, as I was getting positive feedback along the way. I got cut off and they didn't provide any feedback. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Build a data structure to store and retrieve stock values of a given company.   1 Answer