Bloomberg L.P. Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017
1,225 Interview Reviews

3.1

1,225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Had to record myself interviewing and was called in for a super day where I interviewed with 2 managers. Have a 3rd interviewing coming up. Overall great company but interview was very disorganized and hr seems quite confused.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales and what makes you a good Sales person?
      Why are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Very long process. It took about a month to hear back from them. After doing the video interview (5 questions), I did a 20 minute phone interview where they asked me basic questions about the company and the products. Interviewer (HR) was not polite when I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Current events?
      Make sure you know the role you are applying to and an example of customer service.
      Tip: Do your best. If they reject you, remember it’s Bloomberg’s loss not yours! ;)   Answer Question

Financial Product Analytics & Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Extremely long interview process! I initially applied about a month and half ago after a school career fair.The whole process has 4 main parts;

1. A Video recording

First part of the process was a video recording answering 5 questions, You get a question and then you have 1 minute to answer, but you also have 1 retry for each question.

- Why Bloomberg?
    - What do you know about the the Analytics and Sales role?
    - What financial story have you been Keeping up with, and why it would be relevant to Bloomberg customers?
    - Describe a time you had to sell something?
    - Describe a time you gave excellent customer service?

2. A Phone Call

- The phone interview was virtually the same questions as the video recording questions. You're speaking casually with a recruiter for 15-20 min, basically trying to see if your a good fit for the company.

3. A 3-hour super day

- Job shadow: shadow a current analyst as they work for 30 min
    - Group Case Study
    - Simulation- work with the terminal while answering questions
    - Interview Analytics Team Leader: 30 min
    - Interview Sales team Leader: 30 min
    4. Final interview

- 1 hour Interview with Manager from The Sales/Analytics Team; Hardest part of the interview and this is where you get hit with the bulk of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would the terminal benefit a non-financial company?
      Sell me something (App, Phone, Pen)!
      What 3 qualities does excellent customer service entail?
      What 3 qualities/skills make an excellent salesperson?
      Why finance?
      Why your major if not finance and how will it help you in this role?
      Relationship between bond prices and interest rates?
      Difference between buy side and sell side?
      Bloomberg's main customers?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online with my resume and heard from them within a couple of days. We set up a phone interview date and had a phone interview. It took about 30 minutes. She asked me questions regarding my resume, if I knew the job position well enough, and why I want to work for that job position. She told me at the end of the interview that I need to set up a date for my next interview and told me to e-mail an HR person.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what financial product analytics and sales people do?   Answer Question

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through their website with my resume, and I was contacted a couple days later to set up for my phone interview. The phone interview was nothing difficult, you just have to know yourself because the interviewer asks a lot about what you did.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Online interview record your answers. Make sure you have good connection because I didn't and it messed up my interview. Two of the four questions were spotty and one was inaudible. Never got a chance to fix it despite contacting Bloomberg. Ruined my opportunity.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 3 weeks later. For my interview, I had to record my responses in a video screen and submit them. They asked 5 questions and I had one try to answer. One week after submitting my responses, I got an auto email rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why this role?
      Current event
      Tell me about a time...customer service.
      Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process began with a short 30-minute phone interview. Questions were behavioral. Make sure you know what the company does and have a good understanding of what job's main responsibilities are. Following this, I was invited to the office for a super day. It consisted of a tour of the building, working with Terminal and two short manager interviews.

Financial Product Analytics & Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they responded after 2 weeks notifying me that they wanted to continue the process with a video interview. The interview was short and covered behavioral type questions. Maybe took around 20 minutes and you only had like a minute to answer each questions. I am now waiting to hear if I'll make it past this stage to continue through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the position and why are you interested in it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Talk about a recent financial event and why it matters to the people who use the terminal   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to sell something and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

virtual interview consisting of timed questions to answer through video chat, probably to get to know your personality and see what you know about Bloomberg and their business activities.