Bloomberg L.P. Lp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Lp Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bloomberg L P Data Analyst Salary Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Got an email from a woman requesting a phone interview. Had a phone interview the next week. Questions were mainly expected: tell me about yourself, why did you choose Bloomberg over other internships, tell me about a time you had trouble at a job and how you dealt with it, etc.

Bloomberg L P Contract Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, and a week later, received an email from Bloomberg HR to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 30 minutes with basic questions of why you are looking to get into Bloomberg, etc. At the end of the phone interview, they asked what will be my salary requirement, and I told them what my previous compensation was and what I am looking to receive with this new position (also added in the commuting costs). They said that's well within their range (so research beforehand and lay out a logical explanation of why this is the compensation amount you seek). About a week later, got invited to the in-house interview, which took about an hour with a team interviewing. 2nd in-house interview was a week later, with managers and team leaders, which took about an hour since they want to get to know your personality, how well you would fit into their team and the Bloomberg culture. Since my interviews were all in August, a lot of the employees were away on vacation so I had to go in for a 3rd in-house interview to meet with rest of the managers and teams, it was a quick interview about 30 minutes or so, mostly just conversing about people, companies, and the team members. About a day later, received a call from HR congratulating me of getting the job. The interview questions aren't hard as long as you've prepared yourself with every kinds of questions there is and know how to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate since they offered more than my target compensation.

Sales and Analytics At Bloomberg L P Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewd with 2 team managers then got invited after lunch to interview with 2 more. 1 interviewer has been working there for 12 years. He didn't ask me any questions at all and hardly talked to me. Maybe he just had a bad day, but I though it was rude since it was his part of his job to interview me.

I wouldn't recommend the analytics program because in reality what it means is - you are going to be sitting at the computer taking chats all day. If a client has any issue you resolve it, make phone calls to clients and help them figure out how to find information of the terminal, etc. Not a good way to gain marketable skills and experience. This should not be called "analytics program". They should call it a "support representative program" or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Global Technical Support At Bloomberg L P (GTEC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a call from them to check my interest on a position I applied for on their career website.
    In the same call we had a 25minutes phone interview with the usual... what do you know about Bloomberg, what do you expect from this position, where do you see yourself in 5 years from now...
    Having passed the interview I got invited to attend an assessment day for GTEC position. 5 hours total.
    They called me right after the assessment day to let me know they want me to go in one more day and talk to some supervisor...still in the process

Interview Questions

• How do you consider yourself...   1 Answer

Bloomberg L P Financial Software Developer Interview (Entry Lvl) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Financial Software Developer. This was an Entry-Level Position. When completing your application form, you will have to chose which programming language you BEST know. This will affect your online test. I choose C++ and was invited to complete an online assessment test.

Questions are very typical, such as basic OOP features, Data Handling, Exception Handling, Flow Control and some advanced like templates. Just got Proficient (3.4 according previsor). Waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Which one of the following function types CANNOT be overloaded?

1. The constructor function of a structure
      2. The constructor function of a class
      3. The destructor function of a class
      4. Any constant method of a class
      5. Any static method of a class   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online through the Bloomberg website at the end of May. Then beginning of April I got a request to complete an online test. Completed it with no sweat, they were like GMAT/GRE math questions. Then, the next week I got to schedule a phone interview. They guy asked a little bit about C++, and he was nice with me. I have been waiting for the response up until now.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Bloomberg, considering that you come from a reputable company?   Answer Question

Bloomberg LP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online for the Analytics Representative role. Got an email to come in for an interview. Office was very nice, lot of glass. Analytics representatives were dressed somewhat casually. Met with two people, they asked typical questions like: Why do you want to apply for this position? Why financial services? Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you handle it? I got called back for another round.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer