Bloomberg L.P. SAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. SAP Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SAP ABAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for this Job on the company website. Regarding the process, HR scheduled a telephonic interview (Technical) which lasted for 55-60 minutes. HR said that there would be a coding session as well for 10 minutes approx, but there was no coding part.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer started asking question related to Object Oriented approach.
      Questions included like Logical unit of work, Lock objects, Inheritance, Polymorphism. He gave different scenarios as what will you do if you were given certain conditions.
      Asked about customer exits, user exits, BADIs, ALV Reports, Module pool programming(about table control). He asked mostly the conceptual questions to check the basics   Answer Question

SAP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in bloomberg website and got email from the Hr for phone interview.two ppl called and one with heavy accent.
    Asked about myself,explain a difficult scenarion in my previous project,one interesting object i have worked on

SAP ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

An agent forwarded my resume and set up an interview date. There was about a 2 week wait for the interview which was telephonic.
    2 interviewers in a conference call, grilled theoretical ABAP questions. If your underlying theory is good, you can get through. But that means you have to brush up all the basics. Not much emphasis on practical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Explain one highlight of your ABAP career - any project/development you want to talk about.
      What will you take into consideration before creating custom database tables?
      why use header and item table, why not one table?
      what is normalization?
      what are the different types of lock objects? why we need sap locks? what happens when another program tries to update while there is a sap lock?
      types of database tables? what is the use of cluster and pool tables?
      types of internal tables? hashed table what is it?
      scenario where a table is read using one field as key and the same table is read using another field as key - what is the best approach performance wise?
      buffering - types of buffers - where does buffer sit?
      implicit commit - where they happen?
      what is call by value, call be reference methods?
      what are the different types of function modules?
      rfc function module - how is it called?
      rfc uses call by value or reference?
      what are update function modules and its use? what is v1, v2, v3 update?
      what is LUW? how to ensure you are on same luw?
      in a userexit - you have update statement - when will database get updated?
      select single vs up to 1 rows - which will you use in what scenario?
      what is binary search? if there is no middle value found, which section will it search?
      code review - what are the things you look for during a code review?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

It was just a phone interview followed by an in-house interview. They ask more about my CV. They also discussed some technical issues related to cyber security. It was not tough at all.

Interview Questions

• They did not asked some thing special   1 Answer

SAP Business Warehouse Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was laid out over three separate interviews. All were conducted extremely well. The first interview was the typical phone screening interview. Two separate one on one interviews followed that. The final interview was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a instance in which I had utilized SAP to resolve a supply chain or logistics issue   Answer Question

SAP Supply Chain Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Never Spoke to Bloomberg recruiter(Kristin Mornan). Only Communicated through email. I was advised that Bob Louro and Kieren Erol will conduct the phone screens. These guys asked questions and interview went well. Got another email from Bloomberg recruiter(Kristin Mornan) for a face to face interview with several members of their team, which I accepted. Then panel included Adion Brewster, Julian Rossiter, Bob Louro, Kieren Erol. They guys interviewed me for almost 2-3 hours, all interviews went well as I was able to answer all of their questions and was very hopeful that I stand a chance. All the interviewers were nice and friendly and asked relatively simple questions. I left with good feeling. Next week got an email from H.R that they will NOT be extending the offer and I was like what exactly is the reason for declining, since everything went right. Kristin Mornan replied that its their policy NOT to share the reason(s). And I still see this job being posted over and over again as their intention is NOT to hire anyone but person of their interest

Conclusion:
    -They have fixed interviews
    - H.R need to stay busy so they post bogus requirements
    - They have someone or want someone on this specific postion

Advice:
    - Make sure you talk to Bloomberg recruiters over the phone and fill in an application before you actually go there for a face to face interview (even that might NOT help if intention is NOT to hire)
    - Stay away from this Company

Interview Office Location:
    120 Park Ave, New York, NY

Interview Questions

• All Personal/Technical questions asked were relatively very easy.   Answer Question