Bloomberg L.P. Sales Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to the company for the first round of interview. One HR dealt with it. It was a group interview. First he let us introduce ourselves and talk one interest part of ourselves. Then he gave us 2 million to invest and let us discuss. And a discussion on a story to rate which figure is your favorite.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied through the company website on Friday, and received a email of interview notification on next Monday. It's a 20-30 min interview, and you can schedule the interview in 2 weeks. The interview is mostly behavior based, and the questions are easy, such as why this position, why bloomberg, what do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for initial interview.
    Lasted 20 minutes then moved on to inperson interview with Analytics manager

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied online on my career services website. The process took a week or so for them to get back to me. They got back to me via email in regards to setting up a phone interview that would be approximately 15 minutes. During the interview they asked me about my resume and then asked me if I had any questions for them. After asking a couple of questions they let me know that I would hear from them soon and that the next interview would be in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I had any questions for them, meaning that they wanted to know if I knew anything about their business.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

First round phone interview and scheduling are handled by an outside firm who knows little about the business. Once past this round many of the employees you deal with are so busy that they don't have the time for interview pleasantries and will cut to the chase regarding why you do or don't belong.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be thrown for a loop, questions like why shouldn't I walk out of this room right now are possible   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview

Very efficient HR! Got a call for interview one week after I applied. Two interviews took place all in the same week and got the offer by the end of the week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

1st round 10 minute phone interview. Asked why I wanted job and explain a story in the markets.

2nd round Superday, one half hour interview. Qualitative questions, and explain one story you've been following in the news.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Asked basic questions about resume, knowledge about company, job function

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Bloomberg (what we do, what you will be doing)   1 Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Was a phone interview for the summer intern position. Was very basic phone interview asking what I knew about the company, the terminal, and the internship program. When they ask you what you ideally would like to be doing, just say you're interested in sales. It's a sales intern position and so they want to see you have an interest in sales even though you may be more interested in finance and numbers.