Bloomberg L.P. Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Technical Support Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.9

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, mostly behavioral questions didn't take more than 20 minutes.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interviewer sent me the wrong job description and thus was interviewed for the wrong position.
    They advertise the position for recent graduates but during the simulation candidates undergo it is very clear that this position is targeted to experienced candidates not recent graduates as they advertise.

Mac Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I was first greeted by two people who bombarded me with tech questions related to my resume and then some; I would say the questions were much harder than my resume showed I was capable of answering. After that, I was given a typing test. Don't forget your contacts or glasses-- the screen the typing test was on was kind of far away and hard to see. After the test, I was greeted by managers who asked more tech questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of networking questions.   1 Answer

Global Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a callback about two weeks later. Interviewed with the person and was expecting an in-depth interview especially about Bloomberg the company and terminal but nothing. Definitely would have helped me but the recruiter didn't bother to ask that. Recruiter didn't have much of a flow to the questions jumping from place to place without any followup questions. Also seemed very dry when I asked my own questions. As much enthusiasm and respect I have for the company I was disappointed with this this interviewer.

Global Customer Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone interview asking my interest in this job role and previous experience. Recruiter called from New York and still waiting my interview decisions.First I applied online, then next day recruiter from San Francisco arranged my phone interview with recruiter from New York. After one week, I had a phone interview and still waiting my interview decisions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want this job?
      2. What experiences do you have beyond the customer experience?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online and was invited for skype interview. There were two skype interviews for total, and they were not difficult, as long as you sound confident about what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then office interview few weeks later.

Application

Interview

I applied for the position, and about a week or so later I received a request for a telephone interview. The telephone interview consisted of the usual questions.

What do you know about Bloomberg?

A few days after the telephone interview, I was contacted to arrange a in house interview. The in house interview was carried out by two young guys. They asked mostly basic questions and went through my resume. The key part was they asked you to carry out a typing speed test while answering technical questions. This kind of threw me off, as the test is using the bloomberg keyboard, which i had never used before. I know my typing speed is better than the result i achieved and also did not see the point of this.

I was promised that i would hear something the following week. I still haven't heard anything. I think they should at least bother to contact you to let you know you have been unsuccessful, considering the effort you have put in to attend.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview; approximately 15 minutes

Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?
    What is your current compensation at your current position?

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you foresee working as a technical support representative over the phone?   Answer Question

Global Technical Support Represntative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

The phone interview and the in-house interview consisited of 2 basic questions -- 1) walkthrough of my resume and 2) "Why Bloomberg?"

The in-house was not difficult, per se, but it was a gauntlet of different Team Leads asking similar questions as I noted above. I was interviewed with 2 people first...then sat in for 10 minutes on one of the technician's calls...then interviewed with 2 different people...then lastly 1 person. Whole process took 2 hours, approximately, from start to finish.

I would've preferred hearing from the hiring manager or recruiter personally as opposed to the generic HR "declined" email. Especially as I'd like to believe they don't have every candidate shadow one of the technician's calls. Also contact information for the hiring managers on the gauntlet of interviews went through.