Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,746 Interview Reviews

3.1

Phone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- First step out of four, after getting your CV selected
    - 20-30m formal but friendly chat with a current Global Data Analyst
    - Aimed at understanding the motivation of your application

The four stages are:
    1) CV screening
    2) Phone interview
    3) Team leaders interview
    4) Managers interview
    5) Face to face with the head of the department

Interview Questions

• 1) Why Bloomberg?
      2) Why Global Data Analytics?
      3) Tell me about a difficult situation you have experienced at work, and what did you do?
      4) Any questions?
      1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

3 interviews. but probably 4procedures altogether.
    1. 1 manager
    2. 2 team leaders
    3. 2 managers
    in house interview. Had a job shadow before the second interview to see the actual work.
    why finance, why bloomberg.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2017.

Interview

Interview last just one hour. There would be two programming questions. Similar to Leet code and Lint Code questions. Especially those easy level and medium level questions. Questions are about number arrays, binary tree traversal. But you have to be very fast to solve these problems.

Interview Questions

• Similar to Leet code and Lint Code questions. Especially those easy level and medium level questions. Questions are about number arrays, binary tree traversal. But you have to be very fast to solve these problems.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Email invite was sent out . After I replied no follow through which highlights lack of professionalism. Advice to management: loved using Bloomberg but after reading the interview reviews it made me rethink my decision

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I made it to the first screening. Unfortunately, it seemed that the lady on the other side was in a bad mood and she was not having it with anyone that day. She was going through my resume and telling me all of the components that DON'T work with Bloomberg, which made me quite discouraged from pursuing this any further.

Contract Designer/Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview experience. I felt like the team at Bloomberg Media wasted my time. After applying to a temp/contract creative role, I got a call from their recruiter to schedule an in-person interview to meet with a few of their design leads in Bloomberg's Park Ave building. Beautiful office space by the way. My interview was scheduled a week in advance, and I asked for the names of everyone who I'd be meeting with, which I was given.

I arrived for my interview prepared and on time. I was first scheduled to meet with one of Bloomberg Media's Design Directors and two other Designers, and then meet with three other Designers on the production team. The Design Director greeted me in the lobby and brought me upstairs, but no conference room was booked for my interview, so I awkwardly followed him around until we found an open conference room to sit in. We're in the conference room, but the other two Designers I was scheduled to meet with weren't there. I start talking to the Design Director about my background and experience, and 15 minutes into our conversation a guy enters the conference room and sits down, doesn't even introduce himself. Because I have manners, and I don't want to be rude, I stop talking and stand up from my chair to introduce myself to the dude that just walked in. He was one of the other Designers, but unfortunately he missed the entire conversation I just had with the Design Director. I continue making good conversation with the Design Director when another team enters the conference room and tells us that we have to leave because they booked this conference room for another meeting. Again, I awkwardly follow the Design Director around the office until we find another empty conference room to sit in. Meanwhile, the other Designer who rudely walked in and didn't speak with me says "I have to run into another meeting anyway so I won't be able to sit with you guys." The Design Director brushes it off and is like "oh yeah man no worries" but as soon as we find another conference room to sit in the Design Director then tells me that he has to run into another meeting and can't sit with me any longer. WTF! So, he stepped outside to grab two other creatives that could sit in to speak with me.

I end up chatting with the two other creatives for about ten minutes about the position I had applied to. They seemed like nice guys, but again after ten minutes they all had to run into other meetings, so they had to cut my interview short. They walked me to the elevator and that was the end of it.

I basically came in for no reason and learned nothing about what projects I'd actually be working on or how I'd fit in. I find this totally unacceptable especially since I made it clear to HR when scheduling my interview that I have to step out from my current job to come in for my interview. Everyone seemed so distracted and unorganized when I was there. I found out a few weeks later from the recruiter that the team was very interested in me, but decided to go with another candidate. I also found out, thanks to LinkedIn, that three of the guys I met with used to work together at their previous employer, so I'm betting there's a lot of nepotism going on at Bloomberg Media.

I don't know why the team at Bloomberg Media needed to meet with me in-person anyway for a contract/temp role. Bloomberg is supposed to be one of the most innovative companies in the world, so why couldn't we do this over Skype or video conference??

My advice to HR management is don't waste peoples time. Train your employees on how to handle your interview process and make sure they've blocked time out of their day as planned.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I am an international student, after my first round recorded interview, there was a language availability test. it basically went through your resume and asked the current financial market. And I was informed I passed the language availability test, next round will be team leader interview and I am gonna take it next week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First you speak with HR over the phone and if you pass that, which you most likely do, they will schedule a technical phone interview over hacker rank x to test your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Over hacker rank the person interviewing me asked me to create a program, that will manage several stocks and information pertaining them. The input to the program was a steady stream of data containing company name, share volume and share value. The application was suppose to take this stream and calculate certain values for which I was given equations. I had to organize the data by company, and each company needed to have its own values.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2017.

Interview

They gave me a phone interview. First talk about experience and then some algorithm problems and sql queries. The questions are basic knowledges and they expect you to show communication skills via the interview.

Team Leader - Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and then had a video interview which was mostly talking about my CV and why I wanted to work in Bloomberg. Then, went on to have a face-to-face interview on site, beforehand has a conference call with HR who explained what kind of questions they would ask and how to prepare ourselves. Onsite, they asked me very detailed question about finance, IT and Sales. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• why bloomberg? explain what bloomberg terminal is
      If you receive a call of a customer wanting to cancel the subscription what would you say?
      Answer Question