Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017
4,166 Interview Reviews

Interview

A recruiter contacted from LinkedIn. Initial phone talk with recruiter then phone interview scheduled.

Instead of the actual person that is mentioned in coordinator's email, a different person called me. He asked several deep learning questions, and some debatable classical machine learning questions. I gave the right answers. The questions were cherry-picked and were not ideal for assessing theoretical knowledge. I guess the source of questions were topics that interviewer's own study schedule. The sentiment of interviewer's reactions that I received was not positive, I guess he did not like to receive the right answers.

Then he asked a programming question. It was a tricky tree question that I did not see before. I solve it. However, it was not working on the specific condition that he asked for. More specifically, it was working well when the tree is a complete tree, but failing when there were missing nodes.

Overall, I actually like the questions. However, the attitude of the interviewer was not nice and friendly. I believe he did not want me to pass the interview. I find him very unfriendly.

Unfortunately, this type of situation occurs in interviews, but I suggest Bloomberg select more suitable people for the interviews. Prospective candidates are investing time and taking time off from their work. The goal of the phone interview is assessing technical skills and theoretical knowledge in short amount of time, not debating or competing with an interviewer. A responsible interviewer should understand these aspects.

Interview Questions

• Tricky tree question, deep and machine learning questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website.
    Someone from HR team contacted via email and set up a phone interview.

Phone interview was 1 hour long, mostly technical, started with some questions on resume followed by coding question.

Interview Questions

• Return true if a function is called more than N times in M seconds.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2017.

Interview

It included a small question about my resume and to give an example of a project I had worked on. Then there was a short HakerRank coding question. And time for questions I had for them. Interviewer was very nice and talked me through anything I needed explained.

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Starts with a video interview, then a phone interview with someone at HR, and if that goes well you are invited to a Super-day. The video interview I believe is just another layer of filtration, mostly about the position you applied for, and then the phone interview is when the real interviewing starts.

Interview Questions

• What products does Bloomberg offer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

2 friendly engineers from bloomberg sat me down and asked two questions, a medium and a hard. Very friendly walked me through it. Even though I stumbled , they reassured me and allowed me to work without too much pressure.

Interview Questions

• Merge k sorted linked lists/arrays   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I first had a coding challenge, then I got called in for an interview. The interviewers seemed a little impatient and only asked to explain one element from my resume then dove right into technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe something cool, not boring, from your resume?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I got a referral from a friend who interned at Bloomberg the previous summer. I had two on-campus (at my school) interviews. The first one went okay, but I got pretty nervous during the second interview, so despite the relative easiness of the questions they asked, I didn't perform as well as I'd hoped.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure that keeps track of all the URLs visited and can efficiently return the top K most visited URLs. Implement two functions, 1) visit(String url), 2) topK(int k, String url)   Answer Question

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through their website with my resume, and I was contacted a couple days later to set up for my phone interview. The phone interview was nothing difficult, you just have to know yourself because the interviewer asks a lot about what you did.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Online interview record your answers. Make sure you have good connection because I didn't and it messed up my interview. Two of the four questions were spotty and one was inaudible. Never got a chance to fix it despite contacting Bloomberg. Ruined my opportunity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

2 On-campus interviews, both technical as well as behavioral, then an HR interview on-site. Both technical questions were pretty standard problems you would find in CTCI or Leetcode. HR was questions about projects. HR is mainly to ask why you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Q: Find an element k in a 2D linked list   1 Answer