Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,966 Interview Reviews

3.1

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Overland Park, KS) in July 2017.

Interview

applied online, several days later HR department contacted me and wanted to have an interview with me. It was an online interview, roughly around 20 minutes and I had three days to complete.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to apply for this job?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial call with recruiter. Some decent information about the position. Was asked to fill out the online questionnaire. Nonsense but that's what they want. A week later I spoke with hr. A worth less call. A week later the technical interview. A bunch of technical questions. Guy seemed to be unwilling to smile or have much fun. Nothing crazy in terms of questions but asked to rate myself one to ten on my python skills. I told hr that I just started teaching myself that days ago.... I ultimately got all the questions in my wheelhouse nailed but I feel they wanted a coder.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Set up the phone interview first! This is technical interview, if you cannot answer the question, but you almost there, they can give you a hint. They use Python as their major developer language.

Interview Questions

• If there is n stairs, you can step on 1 stairs or 2 stairs at one time. How many way you can get on n stairs?   1 Answer

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical interview process - HR phone call, phone interview with team lead, in person with team lead and department manager, in person with director. Overall the process took about a month. I was notified several weeks after the final interview via email that they would not be extending an offer.
    Great interactions throughout - very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• "Why Bloomberg" is a very important aspect of the interview process.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was a very light phone screen with members of the recruiting team. The second round consisted of a video conference with the hiring manager. The dialogue was again surprisingly light, and unobtrusive. The conversation ended with talk of next steps and then...a form email was later sent basically saying "thanks, but no thanks" with no explanation. It was an unfortunate candidate experience. It's fine to pass, of course, but stylistically - this approach was not particularly thoughtful.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got through a video interview. The video interview was 5 questions which we had two tries each to answer. Questions, such as, what are you following in the markets, and why Bloomberg. The phone screen had very similar questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via recruiter.
    Two hackerrank codepair rounds, and called for in person. It was scheduled for 2 hours, but extended to whole day. they bought nice lunch in a restuarant, but got grilled during lunch
    Questions were mixed between Java and C++. Pretty much all interviewers did that, except one.

Interview Questions

• 1) Graph traversal : find all the path from one node to another
      2) How do you find which way heap and stack are growing
      3) Design question about aggregated service
      4) Class hierarchy of a microwave
      5) HR questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied on their website. Within a week I was contacted and scheduled for a phone call with a recruiter. No call was made. Contacted them to reschedule, was given an available time slot. Confirmed the time and was told it's not an available slot. After pointing out it's a time they gave me, they magically reopened it. Got a call from recruiter and we spoke about the role and I was told there's a perfect spot for me. A week of radio silence I inquired about any interviews, and I was told I was emailed a rejection email. I checked my junk mail, trash, nothing. When I inquired for a copy of the email I was told their "system was stuck" and they apologized. They called to confirm that they don't want to move forward anymore.

Interview Questions

• None. They are so disorganized that they can't keep track of time slots they suggested themselves an hour earlier.   1 Answer

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Discriminated against me because of my North African background, an utterly disgusting Hr practice and an utterly disgusting occurrence of rampant nepotism. Don't say you're hiring diverse and qualified candidates when people like us get rejection.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter. Overall the process didn't have too many surprises. Phone interview / HackerRank shared screen coding session - after about a week I was informed I made it through to the in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of two technical (pencil and paper coding) rounds with two engineers each. After that I was given lunch and interviewed by a manager (general discussion - who you are, general technology stuff. Very conversation-oriented). Finally I was interviewed by an HR worker.