Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,549 Interview Reviews

3.1

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview and a video interview. Everyone was very welcoming and nice! On site interviews were fun and also focused on teamwork and communication skills besides the regular interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then onsite, they flew me to new york and gave me a $100 gift card to cover my expenses, felt really respected through all the way.

Interview Questions

• find min of array that decrease then increase, like [5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,5]   3 Answers
    • reverse an int   2 Answers
    • graph related question, used BFS   1 Answer
    • talked about previous projects, and the difficulty in implementing it, showed them the app on my phone, they asked some security related questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

Interview

I was first given the directions to complete an online recorded interview. I was told by a recruiter that I would be contacted within 5 business days of completing it but i didn't hear back until the 7 or 8th day because the recruiter was on vacation. I then went through a quick phone screen and now am going to super day this week. I feel like the recruiting team could be more effective with communication.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent financial event and how it affects Bloomberg customers.   Answer Question

Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief phone interview that lasted only 10-15 minutes and was basically told I would be contacted for a super day at their office in NYC. Phone only asked a few questions that were very simple. Super day consisted of a tour of the building, Q&A session, a quick case study and two 30 minute interviews, one with sales and one with analytics. They were pretty simple, asked a little about what was going on in the markets recently and asked my to sell an object of my choice to them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty Straightforward. I applied online and had to answer 4-5 150 character questions. I was then invited to do a video interview through Yello. After, I received an email for a phone screen and then a SuperDay offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me your understanding of this role?

Why are you interested in sales? Do you see a future for yourself in this industry?

Discuss a financial news story.

Tell me about a time you had to sell something.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through University careers website, got email a couple weeks later about setting up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple (~55 minutes), first third was personal background questions, the rest was joint coding on a collab website (collabedit, iirc). About a week after phone interview, got an email requesting to set up a day I could visit one of the Bloomberg locations for a series of in-person interviews. Scheduled in-person interviews for about a month after the phone interview at the closest location to my house. First on-location interview was 2-on-1 (two tech/engineers) who first asked personal questions then asked about some modern-computer stuff then got into 2 or 3 coding questions (coding on a computer connected to a projector). Second interview was 1-on-1, interviewer asked me about some of the projects I've worked on then asked 2 more coding questions. After both of the interviews were complete I was offered a free lunch (great food). I heard back via email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given a tree and a certain element n, find the node of the tree at the smallest height that has the requested element and return that height, if not found, return -1.   1 Answer
    • Q: What is the point of virtual memory?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is the idea of Copy-On-Write?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

A very easy phone screen followed by an onsite interview in NYC. There were about 15 interviewees on the super day. We began with a tour in the Bloomberg Tower (learn about their terminal, TV station, etc.), and then the 2 on 1 interview. There are two rounds of technical interview. The questions are all quite unusual, basically one of my interviewers did not prepare any questions, simply thinking of things to ask me when I'm talking. All very interesting questions, but a bit challenging -- not tricky, but kind of vague and hard to explain. I already knew at the time that I didn't do well.

The people I met during the entire process were all super nice and friendly. The experience was good overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your future career plan? Lots of graph/tree related problems   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

I apply online for the position and get an email about 10 days later. The HR give me some time options to choose for the phone interview. During the phone interview, the man first asked me some behavior question then asked me some basic data structures and the time complexity and how to implement the data structure. Then we do an algorithm problem.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree basics. Heap basics. Binary tree traverse and Iterator.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview.

Scheduled for a phone screen. Took 2 weeks for the HR to get back. The HR was really very helpful. I rescheduled twice and she did it without hesitation. For the interview, the interviewer was very humble person and asked logical questions on algorithms. The role was for C++ and I am a Java developer so he asked me to apply for Java roles.

Interview Questions

• Find a cycle in a linked List and find its head and its length   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

Interview

I attended the Super Day for this internship, and was very impressed with the efficiency and enjoyment of my entire experience applying to Bloomberg. After about two weeks after submitting my application, I heard back from the HR team to submit a video screen. Then a week later I had my phone interview, and a week after that I had my Super Day. The Bloomberg office in New York is truly incredible, and my interviewers were friendly and encouraging. Although I didn't get this position, I am still highly considering Bloomberg for future career prospects.