Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017
3,956 Interview Reviews

3.1

Interview

First round self-video interview: answer 3-4 role and company related questions
    Second round phone call: 30 to 45 minutes interview about role and your interests
    Third round video conference: 1 hour interview with managers, two role plays

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2017.

Interview

Referred by a friend. A recruiter contacted me and set up a screen interview on hackerrank. This is a 45min interview, starting with why Bloomberg, and why do you change from academia to industry. Then asked me two algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. return the maximum product of 3 numbers in an array
      2. print out the pairs of a number and the nearest greater number to its right in an array. Example: given [1,2,5,2,6], print out (1,2), (2,5), (5,6), (2,6)   9 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A recruiter got in touch with me shortly after online application (around 2 weeks). First step scheduled for the following week, technical interview on HackerRankX. The interviewer was very nice and (seemed) happy with my solutions, as I was getting positive feedback along the way. I got cut off and they didn't provide any feedback. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Build a data structure to store and retrieve stock values of a given company.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

The lack of professionalism was laughable. A recruiter contacted me via email asking to set up a time to interview next week. I promptly replied with times and requested a confirmation email. Receiving no response, I contacted the recruiter on the day she initially scheduled the potential interview. She still didn't respond. I called her office line and received an email almost immediately asking if I can speak tomorrow. I replied with times and still didn't hear back.

A few weeks later the same recruiter sent me an out of the blue email asking if I possibly had time to speak tomorrow. I responded and once again she ghosted. I was dumbfounded that this employee was screening for candidates with customer service skills.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very long process. Interviewers weren't very nice.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

This was another stupid Hackerrank test to see how many cracking the coding interview challenges you can solve in 45 minutes. The tests have nothing to do with what anyone does on a day to day basis. The interviewer seemed totally checked out. A humiliating waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Problem that required parsing input into a hash table and then sorting it.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for design roles after I applied for a position that had been already filled. They were impressed with my background and wanted to know if I was interested in other opportunities. This started off a long, thorough, and intensive interview process that I learned a lot out of. Perhaps one of the most difficult interview processes I have experienced as a designer, given the nature of the work done at Bloomberg and the diverse backgrounds of the people who work there.
    After my initial conversation with the recruiter, I had a few phone screens with people working in Product teams. The interviewers were Product Managers, Data Scientists, Product Developers across NYC and London. I had 3 such phone interviews, that dealt with my background, my expertise, the kind of work done at Bloomberg, and how would I be bringing about design to impact data. The conversations took a deep dive into many aspects of the role and almost always bolstered my confidence in my own skills and passion to pursue interaction design. After these calls, I had a final phone interview with the Global Head of Business for the particular product, and received a subsequent invitation to fly to NYC for the onsite.
    The onsite had a similar pattern - I had in-person conversations with Product Managers and Development Leads, including a video conference from one Manager in London. After that, I had a conversation with the Global Head of Business in-person, and that went very well too. That wrapped up my onsite, and I heard back from the recruiter in a few weeks.
    They had great feedback for me and I would have been a good fit for the role and company. However, they had some restructuring and a few internal designers were able to fill the positions I was interviewing for. Also, they had no more headcount after the restructure, and therefore they couldn't take me onboard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral . Got an email back in a week asking to schedule a phone interview. Had a one hour phone interview, talked about resume, why Bloomberg, basic algo/datastructures. The next day got an invitation onsite. Onsite spent first 30 mins touring, then split up into individual interviewers. Two technical rounds about an hour each. Then waited 45 minutes for the next interviewer to show up. Senior Engineer, system design question. Then a 30 min HR interview afterwards. Got email back one and a half weeks later telling me I had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• Reverse an Integer, a PriorityQueue question. Know your time complexitys and data structures, especially heaps   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2017.

Interview

Received email from recruiter to set up a phone interview with 3 engineers. Phone interview lasted an hour, was asked about my projects and questions about C++, then was asked to code a bit on CodePair. Received email a few days later to set up a Skype interview with 3 engineers. Skype interview also lasted an hour and was more focused on coding.

Global Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and shortly after I received an email to schedule a phone interview. After a couple of days I received another email to schedule another phone interview to test language proficiency. Another couple of days passed and I was invited for an in house interview.