Bloomberg L.P. Legal Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Legal Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Two separate telephone interviews, each 20-30 minutes, followed by an in-office interview with five people. Everyone was very friendly, enthusiastic, and professional. During the in-office interview I had the chance to meet with two people who currently held the job I was applying for, two people who would be my team leaders, and also the head of the whole department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview with manager and one with the recruiter. Then 2 onsites with the team. Very cold office. Punch in/out like a jail. I waited 2 weeks for an update, and another 2 weeks for the verbal offer. See below. Overall, they are not looking to hire

Interview Questions

I discussed with the recruiter and the manager my salary requirements over the phone, and they were ok. After 2 onsite interviews I come to find out that the base pay is 16k less than what I currently make. COLOSSAL waste of time. No respect for the candidate.

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within 2 days to schedule a screening. Arranged a time and the interviewer called. It seemed that there were two main issues to the screening. Was I committed to Bloomberg and was I committed to abandoning traditional law. I have had my own practice for 16 years and I'm ready to move on, so my answers were strongly affirmative. She then told me about the position, I asked some generic questions about the position that I had and she said someone would be following up. I received an email this morning from another interviewer who wanted to have a chat with me. I emailed back that I already had the screening, was this a follow-up? I figured it may have been a mistake. I was in court, so we had multiple emails back and forth, but never did have the chat. He said it would be about 15 minutes and wanted to "gauge your interest in the role and see what you thought about both the position and the team." Hopefully more to come...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ).

Interview

After submitting an application on their website, you will be contacted first by someone from HR. They will ask general questions about why you are interested in the position and try to determine if you are qualified for the position. If you pass, you will get a second phone call from a team member of the group you are applying to. This person will ask you why you are seeking a non-legal job and what your plans are for the future, etc. If they like you, you will then be invited to come in for an in-person interview with more members of the team, including the team manager. The interviews are pretty intense. You will be interviewed by two people at each stage of the interview in a glass room surrounded by employees at their work desks (Bloomberg's open workplace concept). This isn't your typical legal job interview because most likely, they won't care about your prior legal experience (if you have any). They will ask questions like why you went to law school, why you are interested in the position, have you applied to any of their competitors, why or why not, what three adjectives would you use to describe yourself, etc. Expect the interviews to last all day, mine took approx. 3 hours (I went through 3 rounds with 6 people).

The company is impressive but I wasn't so impressed by my interviewers. Some of them had no legal experience and Bloomberg was their first and only job out of law school. I would be okay with that except I felt at times that they were very snooty. There were stages of the interviews where it felt very awkward, where it seemed as though they weren't trying to get to know me as a person but wanted to know if I could be robotic in performing my job (the job, as it was described, is repetitive, i.e. boring). Anyway, I didn't receive an offer but I'm okay with that.

Interview Questions

• Have you applied to any of our competitors? Why or why not?   Answer Question
    • Have you used our competitors' products? Have you used our product? Do you have any suggestions for improvement with regard to our competitors' products? What about ours?   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Extremely professional hiring and interview process. Applied online. Acknowledgement of resume issued immediately. Within approximately two weeks received email advising of interest to conduct phone interview. Phone interview led to in-house interview. In-house interview was 2.5 hours. 1.) Tour of facilities. 2.) Video conference with NYC Human Resource manager. 3.) Two or three rounds of two person interviews. 4.) Hiring Manager. Staff was friendly, welcoming and informative. Entire process was efficient and very well coordinated. Company does an excellent job of screening candidates to make sure they are the appropriate fit for the organizat

Interview Questions

• Do you really understand what this job is and what it isn't?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Was offered an interview in person after applying online. Interviewed with 2 out of 4 people for 20 minutes per interviewor. Was never given a response.

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2009.

Interview

I applied through the bloomberg.com website for this position. Within 2 weeks of my application I received an invitation to participate in a phone interview. Phone interview was 1:1, lasted about 20 minutes, and was fairly straightforward. Questions asked were typical interview questions e.g. why do you want a non-traditional legal position, what are your strengths/weaknesses, talk about your current position, etc. Received response to schedule onsite interview within 2 days of phone interview. Interview process is still ongoing and i will update this posting when interview process is complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the requirement of overseas travel in connection with this role?   1 Answer