Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

725 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bloomberg Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and received video interview. I was told that I don't have strong knowledge in finance and I need to prepare more for application. I really like the HR team. So I am going to reapply.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very long process.

The first round will either consist of a pre-recorded interview or an interview via phone. In my case it was pre-recorded.

A) 15min Pre-recorded interview:

-Why Bloomberg?
    -What happens if the interest rate goes up?
    -What are you currently following in the markets?
    -Why finance?
    -How would you prepare for a meeting with a client, what would you do during and after the meeting?
    -Why Sales
    -What are Bloomberg's clients?
    -Who are Bloomberg's clients?
    -What is good customer service?

After this you are directed to either in-house and/or conference interviews depending on your location.
    The first interview will be with 2 team leaders, 1 from Sales and 1 from Analytics.
    This is followed by an interview with 2 managers, 1 from Sales and 1 from Analytics.
    The final interview is a 1:1 interview with the Head of Analytics. All interviews take around 1 hour each.

It is important that you come up with engaging questions for the end of the interviews.

B) 1hr Team Leader interview

This interviewers were really nice and interested in my personal interests. Questions consisted of mainly fit questions and basic financial knowledge questions. They assisted me when I was struggling to formulate an answer into detail. They gave the result in less than 24hrs.

-Why Bloomberg
    -Competence-based questions related to your CV experiences.
    -What is your understanding of the Sales and analytics role?
    -What are you currently following in the markets?
    -Can you name the asset classes?
    -What are Bloomberg's products?
    -Who are Bloomberg's clients?
    -Situational question:
    If you get 3 enquiries at the same time. 1 being a CEO asking to set up an email account. 1 being a trader who has a 5 minute delay on his screen. 1 being an Analyst who has an error with his external data points. Who would you assist first?
    (Prioritize the urgency from the perspective of the company : Analyst > Trader > CEO)
    >Follow-up question: If the CEO would be on a free trial, would your answer change? (no)
    -If we would ask you to come up with a strategy to sell the terminal in the Netherlands, what would your approach be?
    -What are your future plans.
    -Ask questions (!)

C) 1hr Manager interview + 30min Shadowing

It felt like the manager interview was rushed and the managers had not much time on their hands. So be prepared to face situations where the interviewers are not very engaging. I shot myself in the foot by setting the bar too high and I could not regain control of the interview. In these situations, my tip is to keep it simple.

-Introduce yourself
    -What kind of functionalities within the terminal would an Insurance company use?
    -What would you do in a meeting with such a company? What would your approach be?
    -What are the two types of volatility, can you describe their differences?
    -How would you rate a bond, what criteria do you take into consideration?
    -What happens if the Bank of England increases the interest rate?
    -After your shadow session today, what did you learn?
    -What are important skills to have to be successful in the Analytics department?
    -What are the direct economic effects from the Brexit?
    -What is the current interest rate in the UK?
    -Questions (!)

D) Head of Analytics

Never made it to this round.

Sales and Analytics Summer Interview

Application

Interview

First Step: motivational video interview with some tecnica questions about Bloomberg or general economics like "what is a QE?"

Then I went directly to the AC, which had 4 steps:

(1) simulation of what a member of the analytics team does with a Bloomberg Terminal

(2)Group excercise regarding a business case

(3)First interview, only motivational

(4)Final interview, only motivational

Interview Questions

• Pretendo to explain an hedging strategy to my mother, and sell her a future.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for 2018 Analytics & Sales Graduate Programme (London) & did a recorded video interview. Consisted of 9 questions (30 seconds thinking time and 90 seconds answering time per question).

Interview Questions

• How has the Brexit referendum inpacted the financial markets and what are the potential long term effects of an exit from the EU across currencies, equities and bonds?   Answer Question
    • What types of clients use the Terminal, other than financial institutions, and why?   Answer Question
    • What aspects of the financial markets interest you the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Who are our competitors and why are we the current market leader?   Answer Question

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

30 minutes telephone interview with an analyst. 10-11 questions in total. Competency-based question but in a mixed of behavioural question and general knowledge to the company and the related industry.

M&A Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in-person interview with the team. The team interview is in the headquarters in London. Initial phone interview was a basic screening asking about why Bloomberg etc.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then had a video interview which consisted of 9 questions and you had 90 seconds to answer them. Now onto a team leader interview which is tomorrow

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Video Interview has about 8 questions. Most of them are typical behaviour questions. Why Bloomberg? Why this role? Who are our competitors?
    What are Bloomberg's products?
    Each question has 90 seconds to answer and 60 seconds to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why this role? Who are our competitors?
      What are Bloomberg's products?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

Interview

first I had a phone interview it took 1 hour the interviewer asked me about my experience and one of my project
    then he asked me two technical question, he was so helpful and gave me hints in the special cases.
    finally, he asked me if I want to ask him any question about the company

Interview Questions

• 1-reverse Words in a string (ex. " hi how are you " >> " you are how hi")
      2-return the number of words in the string   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Obtained an on-campus interview after submitting my CV at a careers fair. It was a 30 min chat, intending at fast tracking some students into the application process. All motivation questions, no competency or technical questions.