Bloomberg L.P. Management Sales Trainee Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Management Sales Trainee Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

1 Interview Review

Management Sales Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

The process beings with a phone screen, which went very well. The HR rep on the phone was very clear about the position not requiring sales experience as it was a training program. I was flown to NY for the second round interview. After waiting over an hour for the HR rep, I was placed with a current employee to see what the first step in the training program was like. It was terrible - the people were glorified switchboard operators and the girl that I was with took only calls from wrong numbers and food delivery personnel the entire hour. The final part of the interview consisted of a 1:1 with an HR rep. Her leading questions were for me to state the exact title of what I was applying for and the exact description (I got out the posting and read it verbatim). She proceeded to berate me for 20 minutes about not having sales experience (which is clearly not a requirement for their training program). She wrapped up the horrible interview by asking me what my mission in life was. This program is targeted at new college grads and its ridiculous for her to think that any 22 year old's mission in life is to sell Bloomberg terminals. If there were further rounds of interviews, I wasn't offered one and wouldn't have accept a job with this company after the experience that day. Insult to injury, they refused to reimburse my $55 cab fare as promised pre-interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your mission in life?   3 Answers
  • Why don't you have any sales experience?   1 Answer