Bloomberg L.P. Marketing Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Marketing Data Analyst

Bloomberg L.P. Marketing Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

I first had an automated video interview which asked general questions about my experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit at Bloomberg. It was also my chance to prove that I knew what Bloomberg did as a company. I then was invited to a super day in Princeton where we were given a case study in a group setting, followed by a quiz to test some of our statistical and programming skills, followed by a workflow interview with two professionals. Finally, I had a behavioral interview which should have been over video, but ended up being a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What is one issue with big data today? And how would you solve it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied on their website, heard back within a few days (<5) for a pre-recorded video screening. 4 questions, 30 sec to think and 1 min to respond. Questions were stuff like "What interests you in technology?" "One time you solved a problem without direction." You have to complete it all at once, and no retries (like actual interview). Given 5 business days to complete the screening, with an option to ask for extension if you need more time.
        Few days later (<5), was invited to a Superday at their Princeton office. Asked for travel assistance, and was provided with a pretty nice hotel room and reimbursement form for travel expenses. Superday begins bright and early at 8:30am, ends around 1pm, and consists of 3 main parts: group debate, technical quiz, and individual workflow process improvement. In between rounds, you get to chat with BBG employees and other candidates. HR isn't there, so feel free to ask some unfiltered questions (within reason). They also fed us breakfast and lunch, which is nice. There were around a dozen other candidates at my particular superday, and after the initial HR video introduction, we were split into 2 separate groups to make it more manageable for them.
        For the group debate, we were split into pro/con groups of 3-4, read an article, and then debated something relevant to what we read. There were 2 BBG employees supervising us, one for each side. We were given time to read the article, 3 min to give opening statements, then 15 min to come to a unanimous consensus. My group thought it was fun.
        The technical quiz is 30min with 11 questions. Basic coding, data, and statistics questions to make sure you paid attention in school. Stuff like output of this code segment, cipher output given an input, normal distribution, best type of chart to display some data, what attributes are needed to uniquely identify a record in a database, positive/negative correlation, etc.
        The last part was the most like a traditional technical interview and I thought it was the hardest part of superday. Two BBG employees, one silently observing and the other you can talk to, ask questions. You are given a sheet of paper with 3 workflow processes that could use some improvement, and 15min to make some suggestions. This is where you can show off your relevant background knowledge, and brainstorm some solutions to help them complete the process more efficiently. The BBG employee that you can talk to is there to help you. Ask questions, bounce ideas around, think out loud.
        Got a response a day after the superday. The final round interview is with a manager of a team that they think you would be a good fit for. The interview is mostly going over your resume and behavioral stuff. Exactly what is asked is up to the manager to decide. Around a week later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Workflow process improvements: collection/filtering of emails, data extraction from phone calls, and detecting errors in real-time financial data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

This was for a college hire position starting in June. About a week after filling out the application, I received an email requesting a pre-recorded video interview. It consisted of five questions with an allotted minute for each of your answers. Do not go over time because you will get cut off. The questions tested your knowledge of Bloomberg and your overall personality so it was not too difficult after some basic research.

About a week after I submitted my responses, I heard back to attend a super day at their Princeton office, which is where their Global Data department is located. It was an all day affair and consisted of three different parts: a group debate, a skills assessment (stats, python, SQL, etc.) and a workflow improvement roleplaying exercise (by far the hardest part).

After completing the super day, I found out pretty quickly that I was selected to have a video conference interview with one of the managers. This was more akin to your basic personality based interview where they ask more about you and what you know about the role. For me, since I was a college hire, they asked about previous internship experience and extra-curricular activities.

After this interview, I was invited back on campus to have two separate 30 minute interviews, 2:1, to gauge for which department I would be a best fit. Again, these were personality based so not too bad. Overall, the interview process was very rewarding and HR was super helpful throughout the whole thing. A couple weeks after my last set of interviews, I was made an offer.

Market Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to partake in the online interview. After a few weeks, I was invited to the super day. Within a week you find out if you make it to the final round, which is a video call with a team manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Edison, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online then I received the online interview email 2 days later. you will have 6 business day to prepare and then to interview online. you just have 1 minute for each question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Practice Question: Please give a brief introduction of yourself
      2. What is Bloomberg's core product and in the simplest way possible explain what it does?
      3. What experiences would you like to gain through your internship?
      4 Describe a situation where you identified a process improvement, and what was the result.
      5. What programming languages and/or data analysis tools are you experienced with? What projects have you done using that language/tool?   Answer Question

Market Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2018.

Interview

Did a virtual interview which was a bit awkward, but once you get used to doing them they aren't that bad. After that you get contacted for a super day. They usually tell you within 5 business days.

Market Data Analyst Interview

Interview

This is the first round of the interview, and it is a pre-recorded video interview. One needs to complete it within 3 business days. There is nothing unexpected about this one.

Market Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online to their Singapore position. Got an email within 2 hours to setup first interview - prerecorded interview. Interview consists of 4 questions. 30 sec to frame your answer and 90 sec to record it. It’s been a week since I gave the interview, haven’t heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg products?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand by market data analyst and why are you interested?   Answer Question
    • What is the largest data set you’ve worked with and what did you use to solve it?   Answer Question
    • What programming languages are you fluent in and where have you used them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and well-organized. HR is very responsible and helps me to prepare for the interview. And the interview lasts for about 30 minutes with both English and Chinese.

Interview Questions

• What does our market data analyst do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online through the company website. I heard back about a month later requesting a video interview to be done within 3 business days. The video interview wasn't too bad if you don't mind answering questions to a video recording of yourself. After the interview, I heard back the next day with an invitation to the super day.

Interview Questions

• A time you saw an inefficient process and what you did to change it?   Answer Question
    • What is Bloomberg's main product and give a sample explanation of what it is.   Answer Question