Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

telephonic interview 1 hour:--
    what will you do if number is greater than current max size in the language - (use array to store the number)
    asked me to write a program with to add two integers store in an array format. (not that easy as it looks , took me whole 15 mins to write this...)
    we went over hashmap and hashset in java. why it is O(1) to for both. Also how hashcode gives location of element in the array in hashmap, what operation is performed to get it. and so on....

Interview Questions

• given a method which had for loop with 100,000 iteration and calling it to some method with heavy call ( for that exercise they used sleep). all the results from the method call stored in array. how will you improve performance.   1 Answer
    • question :-- how Messaging framework work. what if two brokers are connected and if one publisher publishes on a QUEUE and two subscribers on 2 different brokers waiting. how message is delivered.   1 Answer
    • i was give a program with errors which was connecting an endpoint in java with httpclient. i needed to check what is the problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and set up the first technical phone interview with a senior software engineer. The usual behavioral questions based on my resume, followed by the technical portion where I coded using the HackerRank platform.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Rejected after one technical in-person interview. There were two people, each of them asked a basic coding question and I wrote the solution on paper in Python. I answered both questions easily, so I'm not sure why I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers and a number S, find all pairs of numbers in the list that sum to S.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Had a phone interview; after that I received an e-mail from the HR team inviting me to an on-site interview. They offered refund for travel expenses. I had to choose between two dates for the interview and send my confidential travel & visa information. Never again heard from the person there who offered travel expenses, on-site interview cancelled after more than a month of waiting.

Interview Questions

• Hashtables and binary trees, notthing unusual for a Software Developer Intern position interview.   Answer Question

News Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

A perfunctory telephone Interview and then a writing test involving five sections. The test looks for candidates who can write stories quickly and accurately. There sometimes is writing prompt that asks you write your obituary.

Interview Questions

• If you could interview anyone, who would you talk with, and why.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview and a video interview. Everyone was very welcoming and nice! On site interviews were fun and also focused on teamwork and communication skills besides the regular interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then onsite, they flew me to new york and gave me a $100 gift card to cover my expenses, felt really respected through all the way.

Interview Questions

• find min of array that decrease then increase, like [5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,5]   3 Answers
    • reverse an int   2 Answers
    • graph related question, used BFS   1 Answer
    • talked about previous projects, and the difficulty in implementing it, showed them the app on my phone, they asked some security related questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

Interview

I was first given the directions to complete an online recorded interview. I was told by a recruiter that I would be contacted within 5 business days of completing it but i didn't hear back until the 7 or 8th day because the recruiter was on vacation. I then went through a quick phone screen and now am going to super day this week. I feel like the recruiting team could be more effective with communication.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent financial event and how it affects Bloomberg customers.   Answer Question

Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief phone interview that lasted only 10-15 minutes and was basically told I would be contacted for a super day at their office in NYC. Phone only asked a few questions that were very simple. Super day consisted of a tour of the building, Q&A session, a quick case study and two 30 minute interviews, one with sales and one with analytics. They were pretty simple, asked a little about what was going on in the markets recently and asked my to sell an object of my choice to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

A very easy phone screen followed by an onsite interview in NYC. There were about 15 interviewees on the super day. We began with a tour in the Bloomberg Tower (learn about their terminal, TV station, etc.), and then the 2 on 1 interview. There are two rounds of technical interview. The questions are all quite unusual, basically one of my interviewers did not prepare any questions, simply thinking of things to ask me when I'm talking. All very interesting questions, but a bit challenging -- not tricky, but kind of vague and hard to explain. I already knew at the time that I didn't do well.

The people I met during the entire process were all super nice and friendly. The experience was good overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your future career plan? Lots of graph/tree related problems   Answer Question