Bloomberg L.P. Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

3.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with phone screening and video conference with two employees before interviewing on sight. Travel was paid to company offices. Everyone I interacted with including both the recruiter and travel services representative were all very positive, and there was a uniform sense of professionalism and adherence to quality that I have rarely seen with companies big and small.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter was very rude, had me clear my schedule for 2 hours to be available for a phone call. Cancelled the first time, 5 MINUTES before the 2-hour window was up. Almost happened the second time, but I called HR and explained that this would be the second time this would happen and that my time wasn't being respected. Recruiter probably had me on speaker phone while cooking because she was spacey and nonresponsive.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through your resume"... isn't this the recruiter's job? I'm here on the phone with you to talk about stuff that doesn't fit on a page!!   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

interviewed with different members of the team, friendly and professional. the new york office is very new and impressive, there were a good selection of snacks in the snack bar and people seems to enjoy them

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Apply online and received email to setup first phone interview. It took about 50 minutes. They asked about my background, project experience, and some probability questions. After couple weeks, I received another email to setup an onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applying for the position was an initially a pretty human-less process... lots of auto-replies, etc. After finally landing an initial phone interview, the people were actually very nice, intelligent, and seemingly interested in what you had to say. A few weeks after the initial phone interview, I was called into the SF location for an in person interview. While the content of the actual interview was certainly not light, the atmosphere was human enough to make you feel comfortable. They expect you to be 100% on top of what's going on in the financial and political world. Reading the last few editions of The Economist will certainly help you get through the day.

Interview Questions

• This was in 2013, so there were several questions about the Greek debt crisis (explain it, what are you thoughts on it, etc).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

1st interview: phone interview (background about CV)
    2st interview: at office (technical questions i.g stochastic calculus, C++

it took about 2 weeks and i did not get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

3 1:1 interview, including Stochastic Calculus, portfolio allocation, some math problem. Just quant stuff.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Two full-day interviews: the second one pretty technical with a lot of Finance, Math, Algorithm and coding questions. First interview in London I paid for my flight. Second interview in New York the company paid for flight and accomodation.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of Risk?
      Give a statement of the Central Limit Theorem as precise as possible.
      Write the code of binary search function in C and compute algorithmic complexity, compare with brute force approach.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated with an HR representative until a mutually convenient agreement was reached.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 40 minutes. The interviewer asked basic questions about math, pde, programming, finance questions

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

Interview

It is a 2:1 interview. Two interviewers and me. Based on my resume, they asked me a lot of C++ programming techs. And they improvise, extend to other not related at all techs, detailed to memory locating, etc. Then brain teaser. It is quite okay, but they want to show your whole thinking process. I ended up gave them not a standard answer, and explain to them step by step why this works. They pay great attention to my thinking process. Last, they gave me a problem to write the usdo code. And comment, ask why I did this on every step. It is a little bit difficult to concentrate, but I guess it is how the working environments are, you constantly dealing with people, and coworkers. It ended up badly with not remembering some library code, and not familiar with the hardware related coding.

Interview Questions

• how to inverse visit a linked lists by not introducing any variables?   Answer Question