Bloomberg L.P. Reporter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Reporter Interview

Interview

Contacted first by recruiter. Initial recruiter interviews over the phone, very basic. Recruiter asks about work history, explains role, explains Bloomberg. Two rounds of in person interviews with various editors and managers. Expect more in-depth questions about your work and how you will approach the job. But decision seems to be mostly based on your past work, not the interview. The offer comes via recruiter. Recruiter is always involved in conversations negotiating offer, sometimes with hiring manager, sometimes not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview by a Bloomberg representative during on-campus recruiting at my university. The interviewer's name was Tom Contiliano. The interview was around 15-20 minutes and he asked me some basic behavioural questions and why I wanted to work at Bloomberg. He also asked about my resume and the experiences listed on it.

Reporting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied with clips and cover letter. One interview with an HR rep, who was unfriendly and late to our scheduled meeting time. Moved on to testing at HQ, was not pushed forward -- though, for multiple reasons, I don't think this was a result of the test, but rather the interview.

Interview Questions

• None. I don't think they were looking for specific answers, rather that you'd fit into Bloomberg culture.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

the hiring process began slowly, then picked up speed, until it became almost inevitable that some action, whether large or small, would be taken. That time came, it passed, and utlimately, it was shown to all that day then we were men and women of action.

Reporting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview

Very efficient interview process. From the moment I first received a time for a phone interview to the follow-up interview and extention of an offer, HR worked fairly quickly. All interviews were over the phone with two different individuals each time. Both were very professional and covered the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Writing test was long, but very fair. Best advice is to keep up-to-date with news beforehand (But I guess that's also well-understood if you want to go into reporting).   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Interview

Be prepared to demonstrate knowledge of basic economics and business vocabulary. There will be multiple interviews and a written test.

Interview Questions

• There may be a question about ethics.   1 Answer

Report Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

You will be asked detailed questions about previous jobs and given a written test measuring writing speed and accuracy.

Interview Questions

• There was a trick question of sorts assessing news judgment. Don't know if they still do this.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer exceeded the range I listed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The process took a little less than 3 months and a total of 5 interviews plus a final interview where the only question is "so do you want to work here?" (the right answer is yes, by the way). 3 of the interviews were done by phone and it sounded like they were just reciting the questions without really listening to my answers, while the other two felt more like an informal chat with very few hard hitting questions. I have a feeling they were more concerned with how well we got along than finding out more about me.

Interview Questions

• How can we be sure that you will pick up the skills you're still missing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

intense, frenetic work culture was evident during interview in DC. High stress among my soon-to-be supervising editor who left a few months after I joined the company. Years ago, hiring process was relatively informal, based upon editors' review of clips and resume and final interview with Editor in Chief Matt Winkler. Tip back then: Say ``yes'' emphatically if Winkler asks whether you want to work for Bloomberg.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

met with three different editor pus editor in chief

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual, and the test was cake   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it